Palazzo Magnani Feroni
Why We Love It
- This all-suite palace is "the stuff of dreams," says Lonely Planet
- Original features include high vaulted ceilings, chandeliers & walls with frescoes
- The covered roof terrace is open on summer evenings & has amazing city views
- Set in the quiet San Frediano district, just across the River Arno from the Gucci museum
"Bags of character" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Housed in a 16th-century palace, Palazzo Magnani Feroni is "the stuff of dreams," says Lonely Planet, with spacious suites and stunning views from the rooftop terrace. It's been in the same family for many years and still has tons of original features, from high vaulted ceilings (one originates from Michelangelo's Palazzo Farnese in Rome) to walls with frescoes. Even the elevator is charmingly old fashioned, with an iron grille and padded seat.
Set in the artisan neighborhood of San Frediano, the hotel is just 15 minutes from attractions such as the Uffizi Gallery and the Gucci museum, and a 10-minute walk to the Ponte Vecchio. It's slightly out of the way, but the residential setting makes for a much quieter stay than the city center. If you decide to sample the local eateries, be sure to consult your in-room restaurant guide -- it was personally written by the owners.
Start the day with a buffet breakfast and eggs cooked to order in the Murano salon, and enjoy free tea and coffee all afternoon. There's no in-house restaurant, but room service is available. Drinks can be enjoyed on the covered roof terrace on summer evenings, against a backdrop of far-reaching city views.
All of the 12 suites are huge and have been lavishly furnished with antiques and chandeliers; most have separate sitting rooms. Guests are welcome to choose from a selection of CDs, DVDs and even scented soaps for a truly home-away-from-home experience. The top suites also come with an in-room computer, printer and gym equipment. For a touch of romance opt for the smallest suite -- it has its own private courtyard.
- "The 360-degree city view from the rooftop is magnificent and unforgettable" -- Lonely Planet
- "The painstaking attention paid to details, the choice of period furnishings, and attentive personal service make this ancient Florentine palace the ideal place" -- US News & World Report
- "The palace houses extensive period furnishings and packs bags of character" -- Frommer's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Roof terrace
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Facilities for guests with special needs
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children up to age 4 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cot/crib available on request, free of charge for children up to 4. Extra bed available, on request, in any Suite, except the Junior Suite: 60€ for children over 4 and adults. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Fees: City tax not included: 4€ per person, per night, payable at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.