Cavallo Point Lodge
Why We Love It
- Unique national park resort on San Francisco Bay, 20 minutes from downtown
- The restaurant is recommended by the Michelin Guide and has an impressive wine cellar
- Try morning yoga classes, guided hikes around Fort Baker and cooking classes
- Named to the Condé Nast Traveler 2014 Gold List and was a Condé Nast Traveler Reader's Choice Award winner in 2015
“It's an oasis” -- Condé Nast Traveler
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The first national park resort in the San Francisco Bay area, Cavallo Point is a “rare species” says Condé Nast Traveler. Here the homey rooms are made spectacular by fine Golden Gate Bridge and bay views, a bounty of activities for guests and Michelin Guide-recommended dining, paired with a vast wine cellar. The property sits on a former army base at the northern end of the Golden Gate Bridge, a mile from Sausalito and an hour by car from Napa and Sonoma wine countries.
Downtown San Francisco is only a 20-minute drive away, but there’s plenty to do in resort, from visiting the interactive cooking classes and the award-winning spa to morning yoga classes and guided hikes around the national park and Fort Baker. Murray Circle Restaurant has more of those stunning views and showcases unique pairings -- espresso-rubbed tenderloin and sourdough waffles are just some of the specialties.
Rooms are split between the colonial-style officers’ residences and modern eco-friendly lodges, but all have an open-plan design, fresh color scheme and sleek bathrooms, many with bathtubs. The two-bedroom suites in the original white-washed lodges are family-friendly, while sizeable suites in the newer block are more secluded for romantic breaks. Some have gas fireplaces and rocking chairs on the front porches, and many have views of the San Francisco skyline and bay. Pets are welcome, and food and water bowls, dog treats, bedding and pet towels are available (charges apply).
Guests are responsible for a $25 per room, per night resort fee and an optional charitable donation of $3 per room, per night. The resort fee covers parking, Wi-Fi access, fitness center and spa access, morning yoga classes and a daily shuttle service to the Ferry Terminal.
- “The on-site restaurant, Murray Circle, combining French, Mediterranean, and California influences in its fare, is about the finest around” -- Frommer’s
- “The staff is accommodating and helpful” -- Fodor’s
- "This spit of land hidden at the Marin-side foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, has the loveliest view of San Francisco" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard check-in time: 4pm. Minimum age
required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children up to and including age 12 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Pack'N'Plays available on request free of charge for children up to the age of 3. Extra beds available (airbeds) on request free of charge for
children and adults.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged an extra $75 one time, non-refundable charge per dog (max of 2 friendly dogs allowed per room) per stay. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Fees: There’s a resort fee of $25 per room, per night and an optional charitable donation of $3 per room, per night. The resort fee covers parking, Wi-Fi, access to the fitness suite and spa, morning yoga classes and a daily shuttle service to the Ferry Terminal.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Friday Wine reception, 5-6 p.m. Daily wine & cheese at check-in, 4-6 p.m.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.