Argonaut Hotel, San Francisco
Why We Love It
- AAA 4-Diamond winner for 10 consecutive years
- Prime location in Fisherman's Wharf, offering striking views of the bay and Alcatraz
- Built in 1907, this nautical hotel is on the National Register of Historic Places
"Top hotel at Fisherman's Wharf" -- Time Out
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Set amid the sunbathing sea lions in action-packed Fisherman’s Wharf, the AAA 4-Diamond Argonaut Hotel feels a bit like boarding a luxury cruise ship back in time. Housed in the century-old Haslett Warehouse (on the National Register of Historic Places), Douglas fir beams, exposed red brick walls and playful nautical details speak to the neighborhood’s eclectic mashup of seafaring past and contemporary carnival-like feel. Dressed in sailors' best outfits, the staff greet guests with friendly smiles and helpful advice.
Spacious guest rooms boast whimsical maritime décor such as navy and beige accents, porthole-shaped mirrors and nautical trinkets. Bay-view rooms feature postcard-worthy views of Alcatraz or the Golden Gate Bridge.
A Wii system and toy-filled treasure chest will keep the kids entertained in the Living Room (complete with a fully functioning astronomer's clock). Pets of all sizes are welcomed like royalty (check the chalkboard for your four-legged friend's name on arrival) with fluffy dog beds, treats and toys (pet fees apply).
Head to the Blue Mermaid Chowder House & Bar -- home to an award-winning Dungeness crab and corn chowder -- for an authentic San Francisco bite, then stroll in any direction to see some of SF’s iconic sites; the tall ships at Hyde Street Pier, Ghirardelli Square and Pier 39 are all less than a 10-minute walk from the property.
- “If you want to stay in a beautiful, historic building and walk right out your door into the heart Fisherman’s Wharf action -- and are willing to pay for the privilege -- this nautical-themed hotel is perfect for you” -- Frommer’s
- “The top hotel at Fisherman's Wharf occupies a behemoth former Del Monte cannery, built in 1908 of giant timbers and red brick salvaged from the 1906 earthquake” -- Time Out
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Nightlife / entertainment
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs available on request, free of charge for one child up to age 5. Extra bed available on request and in Standard King Guestroom, Bay View King Premium Guestroom and Bay View King One Bedroom Suite only: $20 (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets are allowed on request, and will be charged $75 (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
The Urban fee of $29.11 (tax inclusive) includes:
• Free local and toll-free calls
• Fitness center
• Infused water display and daily newspapers
• Complimentary boarding pass printing
• In-room coffee
$10 food & beverage credit
• 2 hours free URB-E electric scooter or bicycle rental, based on availability
• Discounts and special offers at the local Ben & Jerry’s ice cream shop, See’s Candies chocolate shop, and the National Park Store
• Saturdays & Sundays only: guided historic waterfront tour with a National Park Ranger
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
The hotel offers Valet Parking for $65.00 (subject to tax), per day without in and out privileges.
Valet Parking with in and out privileges is $75.00 (subject to tax), per day..
Charges will be applied to your bill at the hotel. These rates are subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(90 Member Ratings)