Villa La Vedetta
Why We Love It
- It's an exclusive hideaway with a tranquil location & pretty grounds
- A free shuttle offers easy access to the city center
- Views from the rooftop terrace are unbeatable
- There's a heated outdoor pool, which sits beside a swanky restaurant
"Panoramic, postcard-worthy views" -- Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
With an unrivaled position on the Piazzale Michelangelo, the Villa La Vedetta is a real find in a tranquil location, featuring "postcard-worthy views of the Duomo from the terrace," says Travel + Leisure. A 30-minute stroll will take you to the cathedral, and a free hotel shuttle service to the city center makes sightseeing easy.
The hotel might be a little off the beaten track, but the peaceful grounds, helpful staff and stupendous views make it a real find. Guests can lounge in the secluded gardens or take a dip in the heated outdoor pool (open April-October, 9:30am-6:30pm), and there's a swanky poolside restaurant, known for its rich wine list and innovative take on Italian fine dining. It's only open for lunch and dinner (12:30-2:30pm and 7:30-11pm), but the ultra-modern bar offers all-day snacks, as well as cocktails. Don’t miss the rooftop terrace -- the views are unbeatable.
Dating back to the 1800s, the décor is a mix of the traditional with modern touches such as internet TVs. It's also very exclusive -- there are only 18 rooms, all with Jacuzzis and marble bathrooms. Each is decorated with sumptuous silk taffeta drapes and matching velvet bed spreads, and some have four-poster beds. Try the Bellavista Suite, a luxurious two-story space with huge picture windows and panoramic city views.
- "In welcome counterpoint to the old-world elegance and high standards of service are twenty-first-century flashes of contemporary art, and big TVs with Internet access" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- "Sumptuous rooms, a superb restaurant, a stellar staff, and unbeatable views of Florence below are the reasons to splurge here" -- Fodor's
- "Panoramic, postcard-worthy views of the duomo from the terrace" -- Travel + Leisure
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 2pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 2pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 65 per person (one way)
- Pet fee: EUR 30 per pet, per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the hotel:
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5 per person, per night, up to 7 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Renovations and Closures
The property is closed between 15 January and 1 March.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.