Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Why We Love It
- This is a AAA Five Diamond resort
- Spacious suites are a minimum of 1,100 square feet, featuring local artwork, Jacuzzi tubs and free Wi-Fi
- Private terraces overlook mangrove and jungle reserve or crystalline ocean
- This hotel is one of TripAdvisor's 2015 Travelers' Choice selections
"One of the Riviera Maya's most sophisticated" -- Oyster.com
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Described by Lonely Planet as "the mother of all beach resorts," the Grand Velas Riviera Maya is a sprawling, gorgeous property set against pristine, sugary beach and surrounded by protected jungle and mangrove reserves. Though large in size, this secluded resort puts a special focus on zen, boasting "one of the best spas on the coast" (Lonely Planet).
Guestrooms are massive, minimum 1,100 square feet, complete with Jacuzzi tubs, private terraces and a wealth of local artwork adorning the walls. Though TripAdvisor reviewers give high praise for the rooms, the 75,000-square-foot spa and the luxurious pool complexes, the highest praise is reserved for the eight restaurants. Travel + Leisure recommends the osso buco at Frida.
For guests looking to pair pampering with activities, there are a wealth of watersports available at the beach, and a short distance away guests can hit a few balls at the El Camaleon Golf Club or explore the Tres Rios Ecopark.
- "The real treat at the Grand Velas are the restaurants" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Set on over 80 acres of mangroves that meet a postcard perfect beach of white sand and turquoise waters" -- Oyster.com
- "Marble-floored rooms put other so-called luxury properties to shame" -- Lonely Planet
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Games room
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Private beach
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Butler service
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Complimentary shoe shine service
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Smoking-rooms available
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Internet access
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Adults only, children are not allowed in the Grand Class.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
• Stays crossing New Year’s will be subject to a mandatory surcharge of $170USD per adult.
• For arrivals from December 29th, to Dec 31st, a mandatory surcharge of $170USD per adult will apply.
• Children are subject to $75USD per child (4-16 years) regardless the minimum stay.
• A minimum of a 7 nights-stay is mandatory for stays checking in on December 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th 27th and 28th.
• A minimum of a 3 nights-stay is mandatory for stays checking in on December 29th, 30th and 31st.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.