Why We Love It
- The luxe, eco-friendly resort is sprawled over miles of mangrove-lined canals and a powdery private beach
- Waterslides, adventure camp and free meals for those five and under make it a paradise for kids
- Grown-ups hide out at the adults-only infinity edge pool or the mammoth spa
- Rooms are plush with separate jetted tubs and glass-enclosed showers
"Eco-friendly alternative" -- Travel + Leisure
98% (51 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Nestled among 45 acres of protected mangroves and canals, and running along 1,180 feet of white sand beach, the Fairmont Mayakoba is a private, eco-conscious resort for those travelers who want to be immersed in pure, undiluted nature.
Just a few minutes north of Playa del Carmen, tranquility is king at this oceanfront resort. Each guest room comes with a private balcony overlooking a lush sprawl of lagoon, mangrove or powdery beach, and bathrooms have large jetted tubs and separate glass-enclosed showers.
The six on-site dining options are pricey but well-reviewed by TripAdvisor members; two of the restaurants are rated AAA 4-Diamond. The decadent Willow Stream spa is roughly half the size of a football field with two mineral soaking pools. Free bikes, tennis courts and five pool options keep the scenery fresh. Venture to nearby El Camaleon Golf Club or Tres Rios Ecopark for an off-property excursion.
- "Few properties in Riviera Maya offer the level of privacy the Fairmont Mayakoba does" -- Oyster.com
- "The Fairmont Mayakoba is an eco-friendly alternative to the monolithic resorts clustered along the Caribbean coast" -- Travel + Leisure
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Games room
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: One child under age 12 stays free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs and extra beds are available on request. Charges may apply.
Pets: Pets (maximum weight: 25 pounds) are allowed on request. Charges may apply and will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Fees: A resort fee of $20 per adult/per night (subject to tax) applies. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.