Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC
Why We Love It
- This historic, landmark property is in the heart of Penn Quarter, an area chock-full of restaurants, galleries, boutiques and cafes
- Mingling and sampling is easy at the free nightly wine reception in the stylish lobby
- Guests can ask for a “companion goldfish” to be delivered to their rooms for the duration of their stay
- The on-site restaurant is lauded by tourists and locals alike, and hosts a popular happy hour
"Grandeur and hipness" -- Concierge.com
Rooms & Rates
The Hotel Monaco is a neoclassical landmark located in the heart of Penn Quarter, Washington, D.C.’s lively restaurant, art gallery and boutique district. Designed by the legendary Robert Mills, of Washington Monument fame, the hotel offers historic charm, modern comfort and a convenient location within a gorgeous building.
Guests can kick back in a colorful, stylish room, where architectural integrity has been well preserved. Each morning, guests can sip free coffee in the lobby over a complimentary newspaper, and sample a variety of wines at the complimentary wine reception each night. Guests can also order spa services to their room, and even a “companion goldfish.”
Poste Brasserie restaurant on site is well reviewed, enjoyed by locals and tourists alike, and has received a 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. The popular happy hour offers great deals, and the outdoor dining area is a fabulous place to spend a summer night.
- “The Poste Brasserie serves contemporary American cuisine and is considered one of the city's best” -- Fodor’s
- “Located in the art-gallery-and-restaurant-filled Penn Quarter, the 182-room Hotel Monaco combines grandeur and hipness” -- Concierge.com
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Video games on request
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 52.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.0 per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 26.39 per accommodation, per night
- Internet access
- Phone calls
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.