JW Marriott Essex House New York
Why We Love It
- Built in 1931, this Art Deco masterpiece is AAA 4 Diamond rated and part of the National Trust Historic Hotels of America
- Guests can opt to have spa services and treatments in their room
- The onsite restaurant is very well-reviewed and described by Oyster.com as "renowned"
- Many rooms have spectacular views of Central Park
"Sophisticated services and quiet luxury" -- Michelin
Rooms & Rates
The JW Marriott Essex House New York is a AAA 4 Diamond hotel and Art Deco landmark overlooking world-famous Central Park, walking distance to Carnegie Hall, the Museum of Arts and Design and many of the sights, restaurants and boutiques that characterize an iconic NYC escape.
Frommer's assures guests they "won't find tiny rooms" when they check in to one of these "magnificent" suites, styled in contemporary classic design, an homage to the historic building itself. Oyster.com lauds the "great beds" in the rooms as well, and guests can log in to their various accounts using the Internet TVs.
Guests can unwind at the end of the day in the modern fitness facility on the third floor of the hotel, or grab a cocktail at Southgate, the casual onsite restaurant, which serves a wide selection of libations and a "renowned" Sunday brunch (Oyster.com).
- "This Central Park icon oozes Art Deco. You won’t find tiny rooms here, nor should you; suites are magnificent, especially those overlooking the park" -- Frommer's
- "One of the grand dames of NYC hotels, the JW Marriott Essex House New York is as elegant as ever" -- Gayot.com
- "As in years past, today's guests flock here for its premier location, sophisticated services and quiet luxury" -- Michelin
- Newspaper / magazines
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 35.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 16.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 16.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 16.95 per stay (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 16.95 per stay (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 68.00 per day
- Pet fee: USD 150 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 75.00 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.