The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
Why We Love It
- One of the Top 40 Resorts in the West, says Condé Nast Traveler
- On a quiet street in Manitou Springs at the foot of Pikes Peak
- The fine-dining restaurant on site has 700+ wines in the cellar
- Near Cog Railway & the Manitou Cliff Dwellings
"A Victorian boutique experience" -- Lonely Planet
100% (5 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Victorian-style gabled Cliff House at Pikes Peak is a thoroughly romantic hotel surrounded by a pretty veranda and was voted one of the Top 40 Resorts in the West by Condé Nast Traveler readers.
The hotel is set at the foot of Pikes Peak in Manitou Springs (a small town known for its natural springs), and has dramatic Rocky Mountain panoramas and views of Pikes Peak itself.
Set a block from the main street, the hotel is quiet but within walking distance of all the local shops, restaurants and sights, including Victorian-style Miramont Castle. It’s five minutes up Pikes Peak to Cog Railway or the Anasazi Manitou Cliff Dwellings. Colorado Springs is a 10-minute drive.
Faithfully reconstructed in 1997 after a fire destroyed the 1870s original, the mansion’s rooms vary in size but have been finished with vintage prints, polished wood furniture and comfy armchairs. Snuggle up by the gas fire (suites only) and settle in for a movie night -- the hotel has a library of over 300 DVDs. The celebrity suites are the most decadent -- all are named after famous past guests, including Clark Gable and Charles Dickens.
The AAA 4-Diamond restaurant is worth the splurge, says Zagat. Feast on updated classics such as filet mignon with crab meat and wild mushrooms, all accompanied by fine wine -- there are 700 vintages to choose from. Lighter menus are served on the veranda during warmer months and guests can tuck into build-your-own pizzas at the Red Mountain Bar & Grill, where there’s a happy hour (5-6pm Sunday-Thursday, 4-5pm Friday-Saturday).
There is a $9 per-person, per-night service charge, which covers tips and gratuities during your stay.
- "Striving to compete with the best that Colorado has to offer (and doing a pretty good job)" -- Frommer's
- "The fourth floor's standard rooms offer a great deal and views" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Nestled at the foot of Pike's Peak, the Cliff House offers the discriminating traveller a Victorian boutique experience in charming Manitou Springs" -- Lonely Planet
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
Parking A Parking Fee of $8.50 (plus tax), per day applies and will be added to your bill. This rate is subject to change at the discretion of the property.
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am.
Pets: No pets allowed.
A Service Fee of $9.50 per person per night (subject to tax) is additional and will be added to the total price at check-out. This fee includes gratuities for:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(5 Member Reviews)