St. James Hotel and Club Mayfair
Why We Love It
- A suave 5-star property for "grown-up glamour" in refined St James's
- Formerly a gentleman's club that hosted Henry James
- The head chef holds a Michelin star
- Plush rooms have handmade silk wallpaper & some have balconies
"Quintessential Mayfair elegance" -- Harper's Bazaar
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The St James's Hotel and Club is a hidden gem, located in an exclusive cul-de-sac off Green Park. This property has been praised for it "distinctive neo-Gothic exterior" and "impressive decor" by The AA Hotel Guide 2016 and it has been named as an Inspectors' Choice hotel.
Before its reinvention as a 5-star hotel, this red-brick townhouse was witness to an eventful past -- it started life as a gentlemen's club, that hosted the likes of writer Henry James, and later became the home of James Bond author, Ian Fleming.
The hotel is perfectly placed for sightseeing -- Buckingham Palace and the shops on Bond Street are within a 5-minute walk.
The kitchen at Seven Park Place -- which holds a Michelin star -- is headed up by William Drabble and French-inspired dishes, such as poached native lobster tail with cauliflower and lobster butter sauce, make the most of local ingredients (advance bookings advised). The Art Deco William's Bar is a chic option for cocktails, afternoon tea or a light supper.
Rooms are elegant, decorated with handmade silk wallpaper, black lacquered furniture and Murano glass chandeliers. Some are a tad cosy, but are all are equipped with plush Hypnos beds (apparently a favourite of the Royal Family), and many have their own balconies overlooking the neighbouring rooftops.
- "The staff are efficient, the cocktails excellent and the food very good" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "Dating back to 1857, this elegant property with its distinctive neo-Gothic exterior is discreetly set in the heart of St James" -- The AA Hotel Guide 2016
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Business center
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Video games on request
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm National Rating Know Before You Go
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitEngland, the National Tourist Board for England.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: GBP 22.50 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: GBP 90.00 per vehicle
- Valet parking fee: GBP 58 per night (in/out privileges)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: GBP 36.0 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 72.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.