Nayara Resort, Spa & Gardens
Why We Love It
- One of the best hotels in the world, according to CNN and Travel + Leisure
- Views of Arenal Volcano are excellent
- Next door to a national park for wildlife spotting
- There are private Jacuzzis on every balcony
"The ideal resting place for pampered travelers" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Surrounded by rainforest on the lower slopes of the Arenal Volcano, Nayara Hotel, Spa and Gardens has been rated one of the World’s Best Hotels by Travel + Leisure and CNN. It’s a particular favorite among honeymooners eager to combine wildlife spotting with cocktails at the swim-up bar, but it’s also good for families, with lots of activities to try.
The resort borders a national park, making it great for wildlife adventures and eco-tours including zip-lining, canopy tours and trips to the Eco Termales Hot Springs. On site is a spa, small pool, gym and an outdoor Jacuzzi tub.
The main restaurant is open for three meals a day, but Sushi Amor and its Latin-style sushi and empanadas are not to be missed. The quirky Nostalgia Bar stocks a large selection of Latin American and Spanish wines, with tastings available. The main draw for many, though, is the jaw-dropping setting -- the adjacent volcano is "arguably the star attraction," says Travel + Leisure.
There are golf-cart shuttles to help guests get around if you’re staying in one of the more far-flung casitas. The Asian-inspired rooms are housed within secluded cabins, and most have great views of the volcano. The dark-wood accents, including a four-poster bed and exposed beams, fit well with the rainforest setting. Each has an outdoor shower as well as an indoor one.
- "Among the dozens of hotels in the area, we love the newly revamped Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Four-post canopy beds, plasma TVs, DVD players, whirlpool tubs, and other amenities are rarely seen in Costa Rica, making this lovely inn the ideal resting place for pampered travelers" -- Fodor's
- "All rooms have exquisite furnishings and bedding" -- Lonely Planet
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Internet access
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 6 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra person charge is $50 (subject to tax), per person, per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout and are subject to tax.
Extra bedding available upon request: free of charge.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra person charge is $50 (subject to tax), per person, per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout and are subject to tax.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.