Why We Love It
- Central location between trendy Jordaan district & Haarlemmerstraat shopping street
- The Anne Frank House & Dam Square are an easy walk
- A great choice for budget-conscious travelers
- It's right on a canal & many rooms have great views
"Instantly popular" -- Lonely Planet
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Lovingly run by the Toren family, Hotel Sebastian’s is a great choice for budget-conscious travelers looking for a central Amsterdam location. Set on the Keizersgracht Canal near the trendy Jordaan district, it's perfect for bar hopping in the evenings and shopping on De 9 Straatjes during the day.
Anne Frank House and the Royal Palace on Dam Square are also within walking distance, or you can see the sights via bicycle -- you can rent one at reception (charges apply).
More of a boutique crash pad than a full-service hotel, Sebastian’s facilities are limited, but there's a stylish little bar with plenty of character for an afternoon tipple or a quick lunch. A full buffet breakfast (10€ per person) is also served here every morning, including scrambled eggs, coffee and pastries.
There are just three room types, practically labeled small, medium and large. Small rooms are notably so (and the sloping ceilings in attic rooms can be a bit low), but all have neatly tiled shower rooms and a modern gothic finish, with statement wallpaper, fringed curtains and plenty of black furniture.
Comfortable beds are dressed in crisp, black-bordered sheets, and blackout curtains ensure a peaceful sleep. Pricier rooms have more space and picturesque canal views, while the rest overlook the hotel’s private courtyard.
- "Check out the Toren's new and instantly popular sister property, which magically rocks the same brand of dramatic cool. It's just a few blocks down the same canal" -- Lonely Planet
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 2pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 2pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 10 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 17 (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: EUR 8 (one way), (from 4 to 14 years old)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 20 per night
- Pet deposit: EUR 10 per day
- Pet fee: EUR 20 per pet (maximum EUR 100 per stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 20 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A 4.7149 percent city/local tax will be charged
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.