Hotel Locanda l'Elisa
Why We Love It
- Historic Tuscan villa, surrounded by pretty gardens
- The hotel is 10 minutes from Lucca, where you'll find medieval city walls & a Roman amphitheatre
- The villa has ties to the house of Bonaparte, and is named after Elisa, the sister of Napoleon III
- Pisa & Florence are within an hour's drive
"Preserves the intimacy of a well-furnished home" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Surrounded by lush gardens, Locanda L'Elisa is in the Tuscan foothills just outside the town of Lucca. Named after Elisa Bonaparte Baciocchi Levoy, a sister of Napoleon III, the villa once belonged to a lover of hers. Elisa was the princess of Lucca from 1805-1814, and her former residence is located down the street.
This villa became a hotel in 1992 and has 10 suites and salons adorned with antique furniture. Each of the rooms has satellite TV, a mini bar and free Wi-Fi. Junior Suites also have a living room with a sofa and a desk.
The villa's restaurant, Gazebo, is housed in a Victorian-style conservatory. Tucked inside the gardens is a swimming pool, which is open from May to September.
Less than a 10-minute drive from the villa is the historic town of Lucca, where you'll find medieval city walls and a Roman amphitheatre. Lucca is approximately 30 minutes by car from Pisa and one hour from Florence.
- "Surrounded by rosemary, lavender, and azaleas, this hotel preserves the intimacy of a well-furnished home; it's decorated in Empire style, with 19th-century furniture, prints and fabrics" -- Fodor's
- "Dignified, neo-classical facade ... verdant gardens, a worthy collection of antiques" -- Frommer's
- Outdoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 2pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11.30am
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 2pm Check-out time is 11.30am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 60.00 per vehicle
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 15 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 2.50 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 14 years of age.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.A tax is imposed by the city and collected at the property in cash. The tax is seasonal and applies to stays up to 3 nights (from April 1st to the first Sunday of November) and only the first night of stay (from the Monday following the first Sunday of November through March 31st). Guests exempted from the tax include children 14 years of age or below. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For further details, please contact the property using the information contained in the confirmation received after booking.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.