Why We Love It
- The revamped 1950s motor lodge has hosted Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Killers
- Free parking for one car per room -- a rarity in any area of the city
- The restaurant earns 4 stars from Yelp and OpenTable reviewers
- Bungalow-style rooms offer complimentary Wi-Fi access
"Party like a rock star" -- Concierge.com
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
With past guests like members of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Killers, Phoenix Hotel -- a revamped 1950s motor lodge -- oozes cool. While peace and quiet may not be its forte, the tropical courtyard and heated pool are a great place to take a pair of headphones and drift off for a while.
The sexy on-site restaurant, Chambers Eat + Drink, serves up small bites like truffle ricotta focaccia and delectable entrees, such as hanger steak. Pair these with a sweet bite of dessert and a signature cocktail. Another benefit of this eatery is that you can lounge poolside and order food.
Bungalow-style retro guest rooms are equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi access and come with free parking (one car per room), a rarity in downtown San Francisco.
- “If you're looking for a romantic hideaway, the Phoenix is not for you. If you want to party like a rock star, you've found the place” -- Concierge.com
- “A magnet for the hip at heart and ultracool” -- Fodor’s
- “Has been a favourite with touring bands for years” -- Rough Guide
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Outdoor pool
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Internet access (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Public car park
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children 12 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Crib available on request, free of charge. Extra bed available on request: $20 + tax per night for children and adults. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.