Hotel Del Sol
Why We Love It
- The tropical-themed boutique property offers guests complimentary continental breakfast and afternoon cookies and milk
- There's a small outdoor saltwater pool and hammocks that sway between palm trees
- If traveling with children, ask about the "Kids are VIPs" program
- The hotel features a sunshine-color exterior and playful interior
“A vibrant boutique hotel” -- Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
A renovated 1950s motor lodge, Hotel Del Sol now shines just as its name indicates. The yellow exterior is reminiscent of sunshine in San Francisco, and is about a seven-minute drive from the famous twists of Lombard Street and a couple blocks from the beauty of The Marina.
With a small outdoor saltwater pool, hammocks swaying from palm trees, and daily extras like complimentary continental breakfast and milk & cookies, this hotel wins over kids and kids at heart. If you’re hoping for some silence during your stay, there are implemented quiet hours between 10pm-8am, giving guests the opportunity to have a much needed peaceful night’s rest.
After a day of sightseeing, slip back to a guest room where windows let in lots of natural light and Wi-Fi is complimentary. It’s important to note that Cabana Queen Rooms do not have air-conditioning units.
- “This beach-themed, three-story 1950s motor lodge's proximity to Funston Playground, the Walt Disney Family Museum, the Presidio, Crissy Field, and Chestnut Street ... make this place kid-friendly” -- Fodor’s
- “A splashy tropical palette” -- Time Out
- “One of the best places for budget cool in the city” -- Rough Guide
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Outdoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
Parking A Parking Fee of $30.00 (plus tax), per day applies and will be added to your bill. This rate is subject to change at the discretion of the property.
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Cot/crib available on request, free of charge for children up to the age of 2 in the King Rooms. Extra bed available on request for children and adults in the King Rooms: $25 per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request, free of charge.
Fees: There is an additional charge to park at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.