Grand Hyatt New York
Why We Love It
- Massive property, set directly next to Grand Central Station
- A extensive $130 million renovation was completed in 2014, giving the hotel a modern and moody edge
- Larger-than-the average city rooms with skyline views, free Wi-Fi and a 24 hour fitness center
- Unique and iconic dining options adjacent to the hotel in the Grand Central Concourse
"Desirable central hub" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Adjacent to the iconic Grand Central Terminal lives the Grand Hyatt New York Hotel, which Time Out praises as "a reliable base with easy access to key midtown sights."
The rooms at this massive, 1,300-unit property are all a minimum of 250 square feet, making them feel a bit larger than other Manhattan hotels. There's also complimentary Wi-Fi and a 24-hour market on the ground floor, which has coffee, snacks, hot meals, drinks and fresh fruit.
A $130 million renovation brought the addition of two ethereal sculptures by Barcelona-based artist Jaume Plensa in the lobby. Soaring ceilings make the property feel grand, yet the guest rooms feel more like a Manhattan apartment than a hotel. Rooms have been retouched with modern decor and feature iPod docks, a work area and a marble-filled bathroom.
When it's time to head out, travelers will be spoiled for choice. Head three blocks west to explore Bryant Park and the shopping mecca that is Fifth Avenue. A 10-minute walk south will land you near the Empire State Building.
- "A recent top-to-bottom renovation reinvented this historic Grand Central mainstay into a sleek, modern behemoth, making it a desirable central hub once again" -- Fodor's
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 21 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 55-75 per night
- An early check-in fee will be charged
- A late check-out fee will be charged
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 35.00 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the hotel:
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.