The Kitano New York
Why We Love It
- A peaceful Japanese-inspired oasis with extra soundproofing in guestrooms
- The on-site restaurant is frequented by locals, described by The New York Times as an “extraordinary” dining experience
- Sunday brunch is served over the hum of live jazz
- The hotel is filled with fine art, both permanent fixtures and revolving galleries
"Quite elegant" -- Frommer's
100% (9 Member Ratings)
Rooms & Rates
Frommer’s says “you’ll have the feeling of having left the US” when you stay at The Kitano New York, with linens edged with fabrics “that could have been taken from a fine kimono” (Frommer’s), full marble bathrooms and Japanese-style interactive toilets. Here, guests can escape to a peaceful Japanese oasis in the heart of New York City, with calming, Zen-inspired décor and extra soundproofing in each room.
Hakubai, the on-site restaurant, is run by renowned chef Yukihiro Sato. It serves kaiseki cuisine, an ancient Japanese style of food that focuses on using the freshest seasonal ingredients, in brightly lit tatami rooms. The New York Times describes this dining experience as “extraordinary.” The other on-site dining option, Jazz at Kitano, showcases world-class live jazz over sumptuous breakfasts, brunches or cocktails.
This hotel also celebrates fine arts, featuring a rotating repertoire of gallery pieces in the lobby and mezzanine, as well as permanent fixtures. The on-site boutique offers unique gifts and museum-quality artwork for purchase.
- "Even the standard rooms are all spacious and quite elegant” -- Frommer’s
- “The 149-room Kitano hotel could not have a better location for business or leisure travelers” -- Travel + Leisure
- Newspaper / magazines
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: USD 33.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 55 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 55 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 40 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.