Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel
Why We Love It
- Not a cutting-edge style, but rather a traditional look with Irish accents that are welcoming and not showy
- Guests receive access to the nearby New York Sports Club for fitness activities and equipment
- With Grand Central Terminal across the street, the hotel draws business travelers darting into town for the neighboring office buildings
- The Chrysler Building is a block away and the United Nations is about three blocks east
"Warm, comfortable and personal feel" -- Gayot.com
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
A popular pick for honeymooners from the UK who perhaps feel kinship to the hotel's Irish roots, the Fitzpatrick is also a good choice for business travelers on a quick trip into town. Trains arriving at Grand Central Terminal are right across the street from the hotel, and the avenues running north of here are lined with many corporate headquarters.
Guest rooms are not in a sleek contemporary style that many flashier hotels install, rather they are traditional and cozy with plush pillow-top beds, premium linens and heavy drapes. Guests receive access to a nearby fitness center at the New York Sports Club. The Irish theme continues to the on-site pub, the Wheeltapper, which draws after-work locals with its selection of brews and warm wood paneling.
One block away rises the Art Deco spire of the Chrysler Building, and to the east the neighborhood fills up with embassies before reaching the United Nations on the East River.
- "Midtown locations don't come much more central" -- BlackBook
- "An elegant hotel with charming service only steps away from Grand Central Terminal" -- DK Eyewitness
- "The property offers a warm, comfortable and personal feel" -- Gayot.com
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Video games on request
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children under age 12 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs available on request, free of charge for one child under age 2. Extra beds available on request. Charges may apply and will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.