Gramercy Park Hotel
Why We Love It
- A place for people with money and style -- Ian Schrager spared no expense redoing this sexy, plush celebrity hotspot
- Easily borrow the otherwise-nearly-impossible-to-get keys that allow access to Manhattan's only private park
- The two bars are "city hotspots," says Condé Nast Traveler
- Views from the rooftop restaurant are superb, and the ground-floor Italian spot Maialino is run by Danny Meyer
"Rich and alluring" -- Lonely Planet
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Dating back to 1925, the Gramercy Park Hotel is a legendary celebrity favorite -- Humphrey Bogart was married on the rooftop terrace, and it’s the hotel of choice among visiting musicians, including the Rolling Stones, Madonna, David Bowie and Rihanna. Today, it has rather a trendy look, with a very fine rotating collection of 20th-century art -- Basquiat, Hirst and Warhol are all represented.
Perhaps belying its party reputation, the hotel enjoys leafy downtown surroundings beside Gramercy Park, the only private park in Manhattan (it's so exclusive that hotel guests are escorted in and out by hotel staff). The bustle of Union Square is only three blocks away.
Enjoy classic American dishes at the rooftop Gramercy Terrace (book in advance) with superb views (a retractable glass roof provides shelter in wet weather), or try rustic Roman cuisine -- roast suckling pig and hearty pastas are the specialties -- at Danny Meyer’s Maialino downstairs.
Both bars on site are "city hotspots," says Condé Nast Traveler, and the Rose Bar in particular is highly recommended for celebrity spotting. Reservations are recommended (even for guests), especially after 10pm. Jade Bar is more low key with small, candlelit alcoves and an impressive late-night cocktail scene.
The eclectic bedrooms mix bohemian colors with Renaissance style and offer handy extras, such as iPads loaded with hotel information and leather-stitched desks. Courtyard rooms are quieter, and others have great views over Gramercy Park. Sizeable suites, which come with separate sitting rooms and dining tables, are "worth the splurge," says Travel + Leisure.
- "Colors are rich and alluring, fit for a Spanish grandee" -- Lonely Planet
- "The appropriately beautiful staff are eager and unassuming" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- "If you choose to leave your room, the hotel's magnificent Rose Bar is where you should venture first" -- Frommer's
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Roof terrace
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Infant's cot/crib available on request free of charge in all rooms except the Gramercy Queen and Gramercy Double Double. Extra bed available on request: $50 per night in all rooms except the Gramercy Queen, Gramercy Double Double and Lexington King.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged $150 per stay on checkout. This is nonrefundable. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.