$115 & up – NYC: Midtown 4-Star Hotel, 60% Off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Walk in the footsteps of famous guests like Marilyn Monroe and Frank Sinatra at this historic Midtown 4-star hotel. Members save up to 60% per night, including credit for drinks at the classic art deco cocktail bar.
- $115 per night ... Oct. 20, 27; Nov. 17, 22; Dec. 15, 19, 24; most dates between Jan. 1 - March 2
- Many surrounding dates through March are also discounted to $179-$259
- Stay in an upgraded Deluxe Queen room; Deluxe Kings are +$20 per night
- Waived daily destination fee (reg. $25 per day)
- $25 credit toward drinks at the Slayton Bar (per stay)
What You Need to Know
- 2-night minimum stay required
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Children ages 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel later, if necessary
- Free Wi-Fi
- Valet parking is $65 plus tax per night; $75 per night for oversized vehicles
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio lived here when Monroe was filming “The Seven Year Itch"
- The hotel’s cocktail bar, the Stayton Room, is named after anti-Prohibition activist William Stayton who helped repeal the 18th Amendment
- Just three blocks from 5th Avenue, within walking distance of Rockefeller Center, Central Park and Broadway
This boutique New York hotel is located in Midtown East near the Empire State Building and the Museum of Modern Art. Throughout the hotel's public spaces and individual rooms is Jazz Age-inspired decor. This hotel went through a $46 million renovation in 2013, which buffed and polished the hotel to a new sheen.
Rooms are decorated with pops of color throughout the room and marble-accented bathrooms. Standard Queen and King rooms are on the smaller side, starting at 150 square feet (this is New York, after all), but upgrading to Deluxe rooms will give you some extra space to stretch out. All rooms include flat-screen Smart TVs with streaming capabilities, plus complimentary Wi-Fi.
The hotel has a glitzy, sexy history. A Playboy Club previously inhabited a ground floor space, and Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio lived in one of the penthouse suites during their brief marriage. (Guests are just three blocks from the iconic subway grate at 51st and Lexington where Marilyn filmed her iconic scene in "The Seven Year Itch.") Contemporary celebrity guests include Bill Clinton and Jennifer Lopez.
This Marriott Hotel is pet-friendly, so you can stay with your furry friend. Additionally, there is a fitness center on property which is open 24 hours. There's also an on-site Starbucks and a bar, The Stayton Room, which serves small plates and a Prohibition era-inspired craft cocktail menu.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
Room amenities Coffee and refrigerator available upon request.
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible path of travel
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra bed available on request in the Deluxe King rooms only: 25 USD (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$30 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Extra bed available on request in the Deluxe King rooms only: 25 USD (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
A non-refundable cleaning fee of $150 plus tax, per stay will be charged upon arrival. Maximum 2 pets per room.
Pets are allowed on request.
Maximum 2 pets per room.
Valet service fee: $65 plus tax per day. In and out privileges are not included.
Valet service fee for oversized vehicle: $75 per day.
In and out privileges are not included.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$115 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(97 Member Ratings)