Why We Love It
- The legendary downtown hotel has hosted celebs for nearly a century
- A short walk to L.A. Live and Staples Center
- The New York Times ranked Downtown LA as the No. 5 destination to visit in 2014
- "A mix of Mexican, Mediterranean and Moroccan styles" (Fodor's)
"A retro facade and otherworldly interior" -- Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Dating back to 1925, the Figueroa Hotel is a legendary celebrity favorite and a stone's throw from L.A. Live, Nokia Theatre and the Staples Center, downtown LA's main entertainment hubs.
Originally opened as a YWCA, the 12-story Spanish Colonial building was transformed into a hotel after the Depression. Known around town as "The Fig," the hotel features a posh bar and pool area frequented by both hotel guests and in-the-know locals.
Travel + Leisure praises the hotel's "otherworldly interior" that features hand-carved furnishings, tapestries and exotic plants. The guest rooms keep the Mexico-meets-Morocco theme intact, and Gayot recommends splurging on one of the suites, named and decorated after various North African cities.
L.A. was ranked as the No. 5 destination in The New York Times' list of "52 Places to Go in 2014" due to the city's prospering food scene. Hit up the hot spots like Grand Central Market and Alma -- named the best new restaurant in the country by Bon Appetit -- from the front doors of The Fig.
- "A retro facade and otherworldly interior distinguish this 1925 Spanish-Moroccan-style hotel just blocks from the Staples Center" -- Travel + Leisure
- "The Fig, as it is referred to locally, remains the best bargain in Los Angeles for travelers in search of local color" -- Travel Weekly
- "The hotel exemplifies funky style with its hand-painted ceilings, doors and elevators" -- Yahoo Travel
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Cribs are not available. Extra bed available on request and in the Deluxe Rooms only: $15 per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.