The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences
Why We Love It
- Home to one of the Great Whisky Bars of the World
- The only AA 5-Red-Star family-run hotel in London
- Complimentary soft drinks in the mini bar
- Free bikes, kites & blankets for guests to use in nearby Royal Parks
"Offers plenty for the money" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Athenæum is that rare London thing -- a family-run hotel one mile from busy Regent Street but just across the road from leafy Green Park. Plus, it's home to an award-winning afternoon tea, one of the Great Whisky Bars of the World, and a 'living wall'.
Condé Nast Traveller praises the "eye-popping decor and statement furniture", while The AA Hotel Guide, which awarded the hotel its top prize of five Red Stars, says "this well-loved hotel offers bedrooms appointed to the highest standard". Even the smallest rooms have Nespresso machines and free soft-drink mini bars, and many have views over the park.
Highly recommended is the Regent's Park Honey Tea in the Garden Room, with views of the 8-storey vertical garden that grows up the side of the building. The hotel was named the Top London Tea Place in 2012 by the Tea Guild -- the tea is themed around honey gathered from the bees of London's Royal Parks; try the honey champagne and honey-roasted ham sandwiches.
The intimate spa is another highlight, and the honey theme is continued here, with a manuka honey facial, and nectarine and honey-blossom salt scrub on the treatment list, as well as a number of Elemis and REN treatments.
Free bike rental, kites and blankets are available for guests to use in one of the three Royal Parks nearby. For families, there's a dedicated children's concierge, and team of nannies who will stock up on necessities and favourite items before you arrive.
- "This well-loved hotel offers bedrooms appointed to the highest standard" -- The AA Hotel Guide
- "Great value for elegant setting" -- Fodor's
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 2pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12:30pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 2pm Check-out time is 12.30pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: GBP 27.50 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: GBP 105.00 per vehicle (one way)
- Valet parking fee: GBP 55 per day
- Pet deposit: GBP 1000 per stay
- Pet fee: GBP 1000 per pet, per night
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for an additional fee
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: GBP 100.00 per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.