The Kahala Hotel & Resort
Why We Love It
- Celebrity-favorite right on the beach
- Complimentary activities include surfing and paddle board lessons
- One of the few Hawaiian hotels with no resort fee
- The PGA Sony Open tournament is played next door
"#5 of 83 Honolulu hotels" -- TripAdvisor.com
Rooms & Rates
A regular favorite on Travel + Leisure's best hotels list and one of Hawaii's very first luxury resorts, the Kahala Hotel & Resort is a quiet oceanfront hideaway with a glamorous past -- Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor stayed in one of the beachside cabanas after their first wedding.
The property is sizeable and feels secluded, set on a palm-fringed beach, but is not as remote as it appears. The shopping and nightlife of Waikiki are just 10 minutes away, and there's a free hotel shuttle bus to get you there.
It's one of the few Hawaiian resorts with no resort fee, but still has lots of facilities. There's an 800-foot white-sand beach, Wi-Fi by the pool, five restaurants to choose from plus oodles of activities, including surfing lessons, and swimming with dolphins in the private lagoon (extra charge).
There are also fitness classes and a spa with a range of Hawaiian-style Lomilomi massages on the menu. Golfers take note: the PGA Sony Open is played at the neighboring Waialae Country Club.
The spacious rooms have Colonial-style ceiling fans, polished hardwood furniture and local artwork, and many have balconies large enough for sun loungers. Some face the palm-strewn mountainside, but most overlook the dolphin lagoon or ocean. Upgrade to an Ocean Suite for panoramic views from Koko Head down to Diamond Head.
- "This is where the rich and famous go when they want to avoid the Waikiki scene" -- Lonely Planet
- "A must-do indulgence is the fabulous spa" -- Frommer's
- "If you're a golf fan visiting the second week of January, ask for a room overlooking the course for a bird's-eye view of the PGA Sony Open from your lanai" -- Fodor's
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Private beach
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: USD $38.00 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD $165 per vehicle (roundtrip)
- Self parking fee: USD 32 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 32 per night
- Pet fee: USD $150.00 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 75 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.