Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans
Why We Love It
- In continuous operation since the late 1800s, this hotel heightens the historic atmosphere of its French Quarter surroundings
- Once popular with American literary heavyweights, some suites are named after past guests, like Tennessee Williams and Eudora Welty
- Heated rooftop pool has skyline views
- Explore antiques and art steps from the hotel, and all the legendary spots of the French Quarter
"One of the grand old hotels of New Orleans" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
One of the largest and oldest hotels in New Orleans' famed French Quarter also happens to be one of its most elegant and historic. The Hotel Monteleone is AAA Four Diamond rated and has been a favorite in the American literary scene since its opening in the late 1800s.
Guestrooms are trimmed in gold and evoke the area's history, with marble and granite bathrooms, and antique furniture and crown molding to match. Relax in the heated rooftop pool, which also has views of the city skyline, or at the full-service Spa Aria. An exercise center is also available.
Situated on Royal Street, a short walk brings guests to New Orleans sights like the French Market and Riverwalk, as well as unique antiques and art shops. Or, stay on-site for drinks at the iconic Carousel Piano Bar & Lounge, which has hosted literary figures who now have rooms named after them, like Eudora Welty and Tennessee Williams.
- "There is almost nothing modest about the venerable Monteleone, family-owned since 1886" -- Frommers
- With fabulous amenities like the rooftop pool...and the Carousel Bar, you don’t even have to leave to find a New Orleans state of mind" -- Forbes Travel Guide
- "Feel like a part of Louisiana history at this decadent, lovely old hotel" -- Zagat
- "Oozes sophistication, romance, and history" -- Fodor's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
Room amenities Refrigerator on request, charges may apply.
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Video games on request
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 21 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 44.80 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 25 per night plus USD 100 one-time cleaning
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.