Kimpton Onyx Hotel
Why We Love It
- The boutique AAA 4-Diamond hotel is two blocks from TD Garden, home to the Boston Celtics and Boston Bruins
- Three-minute walk to public transit
- Complimentary hosted evening wine hour
- Pet-friendly at no additional charge
“Sex appeal” -- Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Concert-goers and sports fans who stay at the AAA 4-Diamond Onyx Hotel can be in their seats at the TD Garden faster than Paul Revere’s midnight ride. Take a five-minute walk southwest of the hotel over to the North End area, home to Boston’s Little Italy and historic sights including the famed horseman’s home and other notable stops along the 2.5-mile Freedom Trail. Or stroll five minutes east toward charming Beacon Hill and grab a bite or beverage at the bars, bistros and restaurants of Cambridge Street.
The hotel’s décor is modern and kitschy, with dark woods and pops of cherry red throughout. The hotel’s aptly named Ruby Room restaurant looks like a lounge but offers a full dinner menu and breakfast buffet. Oenophiles will love the free daily happy hour featuring socially responsible wines. Other signature Kimpton property touches include an eco-conscious aesthetic, including recycling bins in each guest room.
- “Best for eco-travelers” -- Frommer’s
- “A favorite of hipsters and hoopsters alike” -- Fodor’s
- “The rooms give off plenty of sex appeal” -- Travel + Leisure
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 16 for adults and USD 6.95 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 47 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 17.17 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.