Why We Love It
- Charming boutique hotel set on one of Amsterdam’s oldest canals
- Central location, a 10-minute walk from Dam Square & Anne Frank’s House
- Sip all-day free tea & coffee in the canalside lounge
- There’s a small gym, a 24-hour bar & an elevator -- a rarity in Amsterdam’s older buildings
"Elegant boutique hotel" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Overlooking one of Amsterdam’s oldest canals, The Hotel Estheréa is a “gorgeously designed and cozy” option in a charming setting on the Singel canal, says Fodor’s. The location is as central as it is picturesque, around 10 minutes on foot from Anne Frank’s House in one direction and Dam Square in the other. The Rijksmuseum, described by The Guardian as “the Dutch answer to the Louvre”, is a 20-minute stroll away, or guests can hop aboard a tram from Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal street (two blocks from the hotel) to reach the museum in 10 minutes flat.
The 17th-century property is privately owned and has been run by the same family since its early days as a 12-room B&B in the 1940s. Now with 71 rooms, spread across six interconnected townhouses, the hotel’s décor has been updated with bold colours, chandeliers, floral wallpaper and eclectic anqiques creating a chic finish. Smaller rooms overlook the well-tended inner courtyards, while some Deluxe Rooms face the scenic Spuistraat street to the rear of the hotel. Unusually for older Amsterdam properties, all floors are accessible by an elevator. Upgrade to a Canal View Room for views over the UNESCO-listed waterway.
A full continental buffet breakfast, plus scrambled eggs, sausages bacon and waffles, is served in the breakfast room every day, and lunchtime sandwiches and hot dinners are available via room service. Guests can relax with a paper in the library or canalside lounge, where free coffee and tea are served throughout the day. A 24-hour bar, compact gym and underground parking are also available.
- "This elegant boutique hotel, which is built within a group of neighbouring 17th-century canal houses, has been owned by the same family since it opened" -- Frommer’s
- "Flowery wallpaper, boldly upholstered furniture, antiques, and screaming crystal chandeliers are all put together harmoniously" -- Fodor’s
- "Centrally located, and very close to Dam Square" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- Gym / fitness center
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Mini bar
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Parking (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 18 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: EUR 55 per day
- Nearby parking fee: EUR 6 per hour
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A 5.66 percent city/local tax will be charged
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.