The Kings Hotel
About the Hotel
- Accommodation in a King Room, with full English breakfast and homemade fudge in the room on arrival, for two
- A 2-course set-menu dinner each (worth $42 per person)
- A glass of prosecco each (worth $9 per glass)
- It's $139 to stay in a Queen Room with full English breakfast, a 2-course set-menu dinner each, a glass of prosecco each and homemade fudge in the room on arrival
- Fridays and Saturdays are $11 extra per night until 28 February and $22 from 1 March-12 April
- Extra nights are available for $107 -- including breakfast
Why We Love This Hotel
- The traditional oak-beamed restaurant has three AA Rosettes
- "This splendid old honey-stone house stands in the heart of one of the most exquisite little towns in the Cotswolds," says The Daily Telegraph
- Chastleton House -- as seen in the BBC's "Wolf Hall" -- is around 25 minutes' drive away
- Stratford-upon-Avon, home to Shakespeare's Birthplace, is less than 30 minutes' drive
Set in the quaint Cotswold market town of Chipping Campden, described by Lonely Planet as "an absolute gem in an area full of pretty towns", The Kings has four AA Gold Stars, which are awarded to guest accommodation offering excellent levels of quality, hospitality and service.
The Court Barn Museum, which showcases local craft and design from the Arts and Crafts movement onwards, is a few minutes' walk from the hotel. National Trust property Hidcote Manor Garden and Broadway Tower are both within 10 minutes' drive. There is a Cold War-era bunker beneath Broadway Tower (open on weekends and bank holiday Mondays only) that was built to monitor and study the effects of nuclear explosions. Chastleton House -- as seen in the BBC's "Wolf Hall" -- is around 25 minutes' drive away. Blenheim Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is less than an hour away by car.
Other local Cotswolds towns and villages include Burford, with its bustling high street of antique shops, galleries and tea rooms, and Stow-on-the-Wold. Stratford-upon-Avon and Cheltenham are both within a 45-minute drive of the hotel.
The hotel has bedrooms in the main house and extra rooms in cottages in the garden, which are decorated with a mixture of antique and modern furnishings. The Jackrabbit Restaurant, which has an open stone fireplace, wooden floors and an oak-beamed ceiling, is praised for its "culinary delights" by The AA, which awards the venue three Rosettes. There's also a bar serving gourmet snacks.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- No pets allowed
- Concierge service
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible restaurant
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:£25 per night for children aged 18 and under. Extra beds are on request and must be requested upon booking.
Infant's cot/crib are available, free of charge, for children aged 4 and under.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(5 Member Ratings)