$161 & up – Venice 5-Star Palace Hotel w/Private Garden
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
If you've ever dreamed of stepping back in time to the pageantry and romance of the Renaissance, now's your chance: With this deal into 2022, two can stay in a waterfront 17th-century Venetian Palace turned 5-star hotel packed with rarely-seen-in-Venice amenities, like an on-site spa and botanical gardens.
- Stay in a Premium Double Room — these are upgrades over standard rooms with more space to stretch out
- $161-$201 per night ... most dates, November 2021 - March 2022
- $248-$269 per night ... most dates through October 2021 & April 2022
- $349 per night ... May-June 2022
- Travelzoo member perks:
- Daily breakfast
- Welcome cocktails upon arrival (once per stay)
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
Travelzoo Tip: Pair this deal with flights to Venice from 4 U.S. cities for $465 roundtrip.
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to arrival
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- A $6 nightly city tax, per person, is not included, payable on site
- Free Wi-Fi
- Not pet-friendly; service animals only
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- This fairytale-esque 5-star hotel resides in a converted waterfront Palazzo dating back to the 17th century
- Fittingly, you'll find rare amenities like a secluded courtyard garden (greenspace of any kind is hard to come by in Venice), plus a steam room and spa
- As a guest of the hotel, you'll receive free water-taxi service to top sites, including Piazza San Marco and the Murano Glass Factory
- No surprise, the hotel ranks among the top 5 in the city (Condé Nast Readers' Choice 2020); past guests rave about the excellent service
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel's enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
Stepping into the lobby of the Grand Hotel Palazzo dei Dogi can make you feel like you've wandered into the set of a Shakespearean drama. As you cross the threshold, leaving behind the quiet north branch of the Rio dei Santissimi Apostoli, you're greeted by enormous chandeliers, myriad varieties of marble and original murals dating back over 300 years. There are tons of charmingly circuitous passage-ways, too, on top of a secret-garden-esque private terrace at the rear of the building — where you'll also find the restaurant.
Rooms here are appointed in Renaissance style with carved wood furnishings and marble-tiled bathrooms featuring shower-tub combos and double vanities (both of which are a rarity among Venetian hotels). The on-site spa is also a standout amid the city's historic lodgings with multiple treatment rooms, a hot tub and sauna.
Thanks to the hotel's location in a quieter neighborhood to the north of the city, you'll be away from nighttime revelers, but still within easy access of top sites. For instance, it's only a 20-minute walk to the Rialto Bridge. The hotel also offers complimentary water-taxi service to Piazza San Marco and the island of Murano.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Wheelchair accessible
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Fees: City tax not included in the total price: 5€ per person per night payable at the hotel.
Additional details: Due to local and state guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
$161 / night
About the Hotel
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.