$149 & up – Outer Banks 4-Star Beach Escape
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Ideal for both sunrise and sunset lovers, this beachfront Outer Banks 4-star retreat has earned a 100% approval rating from Travelzoo members who stayed in the past.
- Check in to a Deluxe King room, Dec. 1 - March 24
- $149-$179 per night ... Sunday-Thursday
- $199-$279 per night ... Friday-Saturday
- Stays between Sept. 19 - Nov. 30 are also available starting at $199
- Upgrade to a Soundview room or a Oceanview room starting at +$30 per night
- For +$80 per night, rent a three-bedroom house — these sleep up to eight people and offer sunset views over the Sound (a $250 per stay plus tax cleaning fee is additional). A 3-night minimum stay is required.
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 14 days before arrival.
- Price based on a maximum of 2 guests in the King Rooms, up to 4 guests in the 2 Queen Rooms and up to 8 guests in the 3-Bedroom House
- The 3-Bedroom House had a 3-night minimum stay requirement and an additional $250 per stay plus tax cleaning fee
- Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort/facility fee of $35 plus tax per night; the fee covers private beach access, beach chairs and umbrellas, self-parking, Wi-Fi and more
- Not pet friendly; service animals only
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Boasts views of both the Atlantic Ocean and the Currituck Sound with opportunity to admire both a sunrise and sunset over the water
- Guest rooms offer spacious accommodations each with water views, oversized bathrooms and generous decks
- Head to the acclaimed spa and tranquility pool for much needed R&R or for a more lively scene head to the boisterous resort pool
- Dine with sweeping water views and mouthwatering fresh coastal cuisine at the Kimball's Kitchen or for a more casual affair head to Lifesaving Station
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel’s enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the Currituck Sound, the beachfront Sanderling Resort is former hunting lodge turned "coastal chic retreat" (Forbes). Explore miles of sandy beach along the Atlantic Ocean and a variety of outdoor activities like paddleboarding, sunrise yoga, biking, and swimming. Whether you're an early-bird or a night-owl, guests can admire both sunrise and sunset with water views at this property.
After a day out and about, guests can relax at the adults-only tranquility pool or rejuvenate at the spa, while families can enjoy the lively resort pool with hot tubs and fire pits. Dining options include coastal cuisine at the Kimball's Kitchen restaurant with sunset views over Currituck Sound. Head to the Lifesaving Station, which was built in 1896 for casual dining and cocktails at the upstairs bar No. 5. For poolside dining, enjoy quick bites from The Sandbar.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Private beach
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Internet access
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Rates based on a maximum of 2 guests in the King Rooms & up to 4 guests in the 2 Queen Rooms.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
A maximum of 8 guests are permitted in the Beach House.
Please Note: Our drop-down menu only allows bookings for up to a maximum of five guests. To complete your booking for more than 5 guests in the 3-Bedroom House, select 5 guests and include the total number of additional guests in the Special Requests field, on the checkout page. Maximum occupancy is 8 guests.
Rates based on a maximum of 2 guests in the King Rooms & up to 4 guests in the 2 Queen Rooms.
Pets: Only service animals allowed.
A resort/facility fee of $35 per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. The Resort Fee includes:
A $250 USD plus tax per stay cleaning fee (listed as Facility Fee) is additional for the 3-Bedroom House and will be charged to the total stay upon checkout.
The Resort Fee includes:
Due to local and state guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details. Current Guest Services & Amenities
Sanderling Resort continues to operate with some modified and reduced services, including:
No daily housekeeping service. Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to arrival, and trash removal is available upon request.
For your convenience, extra towels and bath amenities are placed in-room at the time of check-in. Additional towels and bath amenities are available upon request.
No valet parking or bell service.
Self-parking is available on-property and luggage assistance may be provided upon request.
We aim to provide the best possible vacation experience including the reopening and continuation of several services and amenities:
Kimball’s Kitchen is now open for dinner Thursday – Monday.
The Sandbar is open daily for lunch, cocktails, and cold beers.
The Spa at Sanderling has resumed full-service.
A 3-night minimum stay is required 3 Bedroom House.
Current Guest Services & Amenities
$149 / night
About the Hotel
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(41 Member Ratings)