$109-$150 – Explore Historic Salem This Year incl. Weekends
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Birthplace of Nathaniel Hawthorne and setting for the infamous 17th-century witch trials, Salem's cobblestone streets and historic manses have long played an outsize role in shaping American history and culture. Now, members can soak it all in while saving up to 40% at the No. 1 hotel in town (TripAdvisor).
- Check in to a Standard Room with a king, queen or two queen beds, most dates through September or from November-December:
- $109-$129 per night ... Sunday-Thursday
- $129-$150 per night ... Friday-Saturday
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 72 hours prior to arrival
- 2-night minimum stay required, Fridays-Saturdays from June-September
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room with one king or queen bed, or as many as four guests sharing a double queen room
- Children 12 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is complimentary
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Historic digs in the heart of downtown Salem — less than a block from the Witch Trial Museum
- On site, guests can dine fireside while overlooking the centuries-old Salem Commons at Tavern on the Green
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel's enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
When visiting Salem, it's all about immersing yourself in the local history, and the Hawthorne Hotel does not disappoint: Built in 1925 on the Salem Commons — which, by the way, date back to the 17th century — the hotel puts guests within arms' reach of nearly all the town's top sites. For instance, the Witch Trial Museum (of Arthur Miller fame) is just around the corner; it's also walkable to legendary scenes from American literature like the House of the Seven Gables (10 minutes away) and the Peabody Essex Museum (a less-than-five-minute walk).
The hotel itself celebrates the town's history with traditional, but very impressive, touches like the grand staircase in the lobby. Guest rooms, too, are decked out with ornate hardwood furnishings, chandeliers suspended from vaulted ceilings and large windows overlooking the Commons. They also feature modern amenities like pillow-top mattresses with bespoke headboards, HDTVs and granite countertops in the bathrooms.
The on-site restaurant, Tavern on the Green, specializes in pub food and New England classics like seafood chowder — all of which is served in a charmingly wood-paneled dining room, complete with a fireplace. In the area, you'll also find tons of bars and restaurants, many boasting their own connection to the Salem Witch Trials.
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Business center
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 12 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Rates based on up to 2 guests in the Queen & King Rooms and up to 4 guests in the Double Queen.
Crib/Pack 'n Play not available.
Extra beds are not available.
Rates based on up to 2 guests in the Queen & King Rooms and up to 4 guests in the Double Queen.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at $50 plus tax per pet per night. Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at $50 USD plus tax per room per night.
Limit 2 pets per room. Guest must notify the hotel at the time of booking so that we can ensure we have a pet friendly room. Our 6th floor is our pet floor.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at $50 USD plus tax per room per night.
Additional details: Due to local and state guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
Up to 40% Off
$109 / night
About the Hotel
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.