$249 – Montauk Lakeside Fall Escape w/Breakfast & Bubbly
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
The reviews are in, and Travelzoo members love Gurney's Star Island for its top-notch service and beautiful setting. With this fall deal, you can skip the summer crowds — and exorbitant hotel prices — while nabbing a room, plus breakfast and a bottle of bubbly, from $249 per night into November.
"Home away from home with unparalleled service and hospitality" — Travelzoo Member Review
- Stay in a Standard King or Two Double Room, Sundays-Thursdays
- $249 per night ... Oct. 11 - Nov. 7
- $299 per night ... now through Oct. 6
- Travelzoo member perks:
- Welcome bottle of Prosecco upon arrival ($48 value)
- Daily breakfast for two (up to $60 value)
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 14 days prior to arrival; cancellations made after this time will forfeit a deposit of the first night's room, tax and resort fee charged at time of booking
- 2-night minimum stay required Nov. 5-6
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort fee of 15% of the total booking; the fee covers Wi-Fi, pool access, shuttle service and more
- Self-parking is complimentary
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- The resort occupies the former Montauk Yacht club, whose membership included the Vanderbilts, Astors and Charles Lindbergh
- You can still find old-school features like the Yacht Club's original lighthouse
- Rooms here come with high-end perks like Nespresso machines, wet bars and private balconies — sunset cocktails anyone?
- There are three new restaurants on site that are "worth the stay alone" (Conde Nast Traveler)
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel's enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
If you're looking for modern sophistication inside of historic digs, you'll find it at Gurney's Star Island: The former Montauk Yacht Club once played host to business tycoons like the Vanderbilts and the Astors — Charles Lindbergh frequently landed his seaplane at the on-site marina. However, following a multimillion-dollar renovation finished in 2019, the resort now boasts contemporary décor and amenities, like the redesigned indoor and outdoor pools, three brand-new restaurants and a swanky stretch of private beach on Lake Montauk complete with cocktail service.
Guest rooms feel spacious and bright, thanks to their off-white color palette and sliding-glass doors that open up to private balconies — some feature views of the marina. They also come with upscale perks like rainfall showers, Nespresso machines, wet bars, large flat-panel TVs and "exquisitely comfortable mattresses" (Conde Nast Traveler).
The resort's flagship restaurant, Showfish, almost exclusively uses ingredients sourced within a 20-mile radius, and fittingly specializes in fresh-caught seafood. You can also grab light snacks and libations from the Pool Club; however, for lunch (or late-night munchies), we're especially fond of Il Forno market and café, where you'll find home-made pizza prepared in a 360-degree rotating oven.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Fitness classes
- Games room
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Private beach
- Tennis courts
- 100% smoke-free
- Steam Room
- Concierge service
- Room service (limited hours)
- Currency exchange
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Internet access
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$25 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Pets are allowed on request. Pet fees are based on length of stay: $75.00 USD (subject to tax) per stay for 1 night stays and $150.00 USD (subject to tax) per stay for stays of 2 nights or more. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Maximum weight: 40 pounds.
Pet fees are based on length of stay: $75.00 USD (subject to tax) per stay for 1 night stays and $150.00 USD (subject to tax) per stay for stays of 2 nights or more. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
A resort/facility fee of 15% per room per night will be included in the total price messaged on the checkout page.
The resort/ facility fee includes:
Due to local and state guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details. Visit https://www.gurneysresorts.com/montauk-star-island/covid-19-response for more details.
Visit https://www.gurneysresorts.com/montauk-star-island/covid-19-response for more details.
Save $250 per night
$249 / night
About the Hotel
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(91 Member Ratings)