$119 – SF: Weekends at Cool Union Square Hotel thru June
The lowest price we've seen in a year in San Francisco is less than two blocks from Union Square at this "cool, funky" hotel (Oyster.com) that's on sale through June.
- Rooms start at $119 for most weekends February-June
- Midweek stays are also discounted, as well as some last-minute January dates
- Exclusively for Travelzoo, the $15 nightly facility fee is waived, meaning Wi-Fi and other services are free
Why We Love It
- Less than two blocks from Union Square and less than 10 minutes on foot from Market Street -- two of the city's main shopping zones
- Past guests highlight the friendly staff and the sexy rooms, although space is a bit tight in this part of the city
- Great transit connections for exploring: Within a couple blocks of the cable car to Fisherman's Wharf, the streetcar to the Castro, and the BART train to the airport
A shopper and theatergoer's delight, this chic boutique hotel is located two blocks away from all of the action of Union Square. Shop until you drop at Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Macy's and the Nike Store -- all within walking distance of the property. BART, cable cars and buses are all within a couple blocks of the property, granting access to other areas of the city.
Outside the hotel, walk along the "Diva Sidewalk of Fame," which displays signatures of celebrity guests. Rooms are modern and sleek, though can be a bit small, which is common in this part of town. All rooms have air conditioning and windows that open for some fresh air.
An evening happy hour serves free cosmopolitan shots from 5-7 p.m. Delicious Mexican food can be found at Colibri Mexican Bistro, located in the lobby of the hotel. Room delivery can be ordered from 11 a.m. until 10 p.m. Inquire when booking about pet-friendly rooms, additional fees and certain restrictions. On-site valet is available for $55 per day.
- "Favored by mid-budget fashionistas and traveling club kids, industrial-chic Diva's stainless-steel and black-granite aesthetic conveys a sexy urban look" -- Lonely Planet
- "Many guests have commented positively on the rooms' cool decor, cleanliness, and comfortable beds, but have been unimpressed by their small size" -- Oyster.com
General The gym / fitness center is off site.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Nightlife / entertainment
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
Room amenities Some rooms offer ceiling fans.
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
Parking A parking fee applies: Valet Parking with 'In & Out Privileges' $55 + tax and $65 + tax for oversized vehicles. Charges subject to change at the discretion of the hotel and will be added to your bill at the hotel.
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request).
Pack N Play available on request, free of charge for children up to age of 2.
Extra bed available on request and in king bed rooms only; $20 + tax per night.
Extra person charge is $20 + tax per night.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request (Maximum weight: 50lbs) and will be charged $50 + tax per stay on checkout.
Fees: A service fee of $15.00 per night (subject to tax) applies and will be included in the total price displayed on the checkout page. This fee includes Unlimited High-Speed Internet, Unlimited Local and Domestic long distance calls, Bottled water in guest rooms, 24-hour fitness center, 24 hour business center including copy and fax services, social hour 5-7p nightly, 20% off California Academy of Sciences, Union Square Shopping discounts.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Exclusive Member Rates
$119 / night
When You Can Go
Weekends Feb. - June; $179 midweek
Getting ThereThe Powell Street BART station is less than 10 minutes by foot from the hotel. Guests can take BART to get to San Francisco International Airport or Oakland International Airport.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.