$99 and up – Hard Rock Hotel through Summer, 55% Off
Check out this "sophisticated, stylish and fun" hotel (Oyster.com) in a prime location for Chicago trips. Members can save up to 55% on a stay.
- Deluxe King rooms from $99 per night through mid-April, exclusively through Travelzoo
- Very few hotels have discounted July-September stays available, and we have dates over the Air & Water Show and Labor Day (sorry, no Lollapalooza dates though)
- Rates are flexible with a 72-hour cancellation policy -- make some spring and summer plans now before hotel prices start rising in a few weeks
"One of the best downtown hotels" -- Time Out Chicago
Why We Love It
- This AAA 4 Diamond hotel attracts a see-and-be-seen crowd with its trendy nightlife options
- Inhabits the landmark Carbide and Carbon Building, a soaring deco tower
- A pervasive musical influence, from giant portraits of rock stars to a free in-room loan of a Fender Stratocaster, amp and headphones (deposit required)
- Millennium Park start two blocks south, and the main cluster of Michigan Avenue shops is three blocks north
A tower designed like a champagne bottle seems like a fine home for a hotel with a reputation for drawing rock stars and partygoers. The Hard Rock Hotel Chicago occupies the historic Carbide and Carbon Building, its art-deco exterior clad in deep green terracotta while the gold trim on top evokes the foil on top of a bottle of bubbly.
The hotel showcases gems from its collection of musical memorabilia, from John Lennon's leather trench coat to Prince's sinuous white guitar. The lobby and rooms have rock star touches like alligator skin walls, a giant gramophone, and wall-size photos of top stars. The hotel lends guests Fender guitars for free, for an in-room jam session (piped through headphones, don't worry, not through floor-rattling amplifiers).
The building sits right on Michigan Avenue. Only two blocks north, the avenue crosses a historic bridge over the Chicago River before reaching the Tribune Tower and the main stretch of Magnificent Mile shopping. Two blocks south of the hotel rises the swirling silver panels of Frank Gehry's band shell, anchoring Millennium Park's lawns, gardens and art installations.
Fuel up at Chuck's restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and features an Iron Chef-winning hamburger. Mr. Brown's Lounge, meanwhile, is a Jamaican-themed restaurant serving jerk chicken and fried plantains to the tune of reggae jams.
- "Best appreciated by anyone who’s ever had a rock and roll fantasy" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- "It doesn’t feel like every other upscale hotel -- though it's still a luxurious experience" -- Zagat
- "Sophisticated, stylish, and fun" -- Oyster.com
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Nightlife / entertainment
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Extra bed available on request for children and adults in specific rooms: $25 (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be applied by hotel.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged $25 (subject to tax) per stay. Charges will be applied by hotel.
A Valet Parking Fee of $65.00 (subject to tax) per day applies and will be added to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
High-Speed Wi-Fi is available for $14.95 (subject to tax) per day and will be added to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
For reservations charged at hotel check-in, a major credit card in the guest's name must be presented at check-in. The hotel will authorize the estimated charges for room, tax and incidentals for your entire stay, which will place a hold on these funds. When you depart, the authorization is replaced with actual charges. While the hotel will also accept debit cards, it is important to understand that a debit card authorization in the amount of $50 for each night of your stay will remain on your account for 5 to 7 days after departure.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Guitar Rentals are available. A credit card must be presented and a refundable deposit will be placed on the card at the time of rental. Please contact the hotel for additional information regarding the terms and conditions of renting a guitar and the full deposit policy.
Up to 55% off
$99 / night
When You Can Go
Travel options through September
Getting ThereO'Hare Airport is about an hour's drive northwest, while Midway Airport is about a half hour's drive (assuming traffic is decent, which in Chicago, can be hard to predict). Both airports are served by the El, making trips of about 40 minutes each to the downtown's Loop neighborhood. Valet parking is available at the Hard Rock for $65 per night.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.