Why We Love It
- The Edgewater is the only AAA 4-Diamond hotel in Madison
- A fall 2014 revamp polished up the existing buildings and brought in a whole new tower of rooms
- In winter, the hotel has its own ice skating rink on the plaza
- Sits on the banks of Lake Mendota, just a 10-minute walk to the Capitol Building
"A first-class destination hotel that is uniquely Madison" -- Madison Magazine
93% (59 Member Ratings)
Rooms & Rates
When Elvis Presley, Sammy Davis Jr., and Bob Marley visited Madison, they stayed at The Edgewater. A 1940s landmark built in the sleek, linear, vaguely nautical style of Streamline Moderne, its does everything possible to showcase its prime spot on the banks of Lake Mendota. It's on the edge of Madison's Mansion Hill neighborhood, an enclave of wealth in the 1800s that retains the city's largest concentration of intact Victorian residential architecture.
While the history is illustrious, The Edgewater is all new. An extensive renovation and expansion completed in late 2014 brought about a sleek new tower and tons of other amenities. Between the original tower and the new one is a plaza with an outdoor cafe that overlooks the lake, and in the winter hosts an ice skating rink. Down at the waterline are docks for mooring boats or launching off on a canoe tour.
Rooms have rain showerheads from Kohler and refrigerators from Sub-Zero, both Wisconsin-based companies. There's a salon and full-service spa. The main restaurant, in a dining room of floor-to-ceiling windows that face the sunset, cooks up charcuterie, hearty steaks, and New England seafood. A more casual fish fry with chilled beers can be had at the water-level Boathouse in the original building.
Five blocks east, the Wisconsin State Capitol towers overhead. Stretching west of that building runs State Street, a pedestrian-friendly thoroughfare of comedy clubs, concert venues and shops. The hotel is also a couple blocks east of the University of Wisconsin campus, where historic, handsome brick buildings tuck beneath tall trees.
- "An earnest, tastefully done hotel with muted rooms that don’t compete with stunning views of Lake Mendota" -- New York Times
- "Now all of Madison will have a front porch on Lake Mendota. And the rest of the world will have a destination hotel that lives up to Madison’s own opinion of itself, with a view and experience rivaled by few in the Midwest" -- Madison Magazine
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request (2 max per room) and will be charged $100 per pet per stay on checkout. Pet-friendly rooms not available in all room types. Pets not allowed in Spa or Plaza.
Fees: A resort fee of $15.00 per night (subject to tax) applies; it includes wired and wireless Internet, local and toll-free calls, transportation to and from Dane County Airport (based on availability), local shuttle service within a two-mile radius of the hotel (based on availability), business center access, The Edgewater Fitness Club access and access to The Edgewater Spa steamroom and relaxation pool. Street parking is tight and overnight valet parking is $25. Self-parking is $18.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(59 Member Reviews)