$159 – Plan a NYC Getaway: 'Hidden Gem' Hotel at 40% Off
Less than a five-minute walk from Macy's and less than 15 minutes from Times Square, the Stewart Hotel drops its rates through summer as much as 40% and waives its nightly facility fee exclusively for Travelzoo.
- Spring stays start at $159 per night
- Summer stays start at $189 per night
- Rooms have one queen bed; rooms with two double beds are also discounted
- We know Travelzoo members don't like added fees, so we specifically asked the hotel to waive their nightly facility fee (regularly an additional $30 per night), making Wi-Fi and fitness center access free, along with a 20% discount at the Niles restaurant
- Check Fly.com to find cheap flights to NYC
Why We Love It
- Top-rated tourist sites are right outside -- it’s only a few blocks to Macy’s, Madison Square Garden and the Empire State Building
- Times Square is about 10 blocks north and Chelsea is just to the south
- The Herald Square neighborhood has heaps of shopping -- many popular and affordable clothing brands have their biggest stores here
In lower west Midtown, a neighborhood that's popular with tourists merges with a neighborhood that's popular with locals, and this hotel is right where they meet. If you’re in town to see the major sights, you’ll find them along the streets just north of you: the flagship Macy’s store, Madison Square Garden, Penn Station and the Empire State Building are all within five blocks. Times Square is about 10 blocks north -- you can see it glowing straight up Seventh Avenue. In the Herald Square area, many fast-fashion and affordable clothing companies have opened some of their largest stores.
If you’re seeking a quieter pace along the lines of how locals live, head south of the hotel to the Chelsea neighborhood. A district that was home to artistic fringe decades ago is now affluent with families and professionals. There are stylish restaurants and cozy home shops, as well as the Fashion Institute of Technology and Upright Citizens Brigade improv comedy theater.
Rooms have beamed ceilings and oversize monochromatic floral murals. Some have sofas and work areas, and studios and suites have sleek kitchenettes.
- “A welcome retreat from the hustle and bustle of lower Midtown … a hidden gem with sumptuous design … filled with dramatic, eye-catching details” -- New York magazine
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Nightlife / entertainment
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Internet access
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
A nightly incidental hold of $75 (subject to tax) will be placed on the credit card presented upon check-in. Any unused portion of the hold will be released upon check-out and, based on your bank or financial institution, could take 7-14 days for the funds to be completely released. The incidental hold amount is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children under age 18 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs available on request, free of charge for one child under age 2. Extra bed available on request and in the King or Queen Rooms only: $30 (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request, and will be charged a $75.00 (subject to tax) cleaning fee. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
A facilities fee of $30 (subject to tax) per room/ per night is additional and will be waived for the Travelzoo Deal. This fee includes WiFi, fitness center access, complimentary local and international calls, complimentary bottled water and 20% off of Niles.
An Occupancy fee applies per room/ per night and is based on room type booked:
$3.50 (subject to tax) applies for all "Rooms"
$5.50 (subject to tax) applies to all "Studio Suites"
The occupancy fee of $3.50 will be applied to the nightly rate for all bookings and the additional $2.00 fee will be paid directly to the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
The hotel offers Valet Parking for $70.00 (subject to tax) per day for standard size vehicles and $75.00 (subject to tax) per day for oversize vehicles or Self-Parking for $45.00 (subject to tax) per day for standard size vehicles and $55.00 (subject to tax) per day for oversize vehicles. Does not include in and out privileges. Charges will be applied to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Save 40% on current rates
$159 / night
When You Can Go
Travel options through September 4
Getting ThereLaGuardia airport is about 25 minutes east by taxi, and the fare will run about $30. JFK airport is about 45 minutes southeast by taxi, and the fare is a flat $52 plus taxes, tolls and tip.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(9 Member Reviews)