$29 – CSO: Save up to 50%, incl. Mozart & Holiday Shows
"Merry, Merry Chicago" is a Chicago Symphony Orchestra program that the whole family can enjoy.
Tickets are either buy one, get one free or 25% off for Travelzoo members at select Chicago Symphony Orchestra (CSO) concerts this November and December.
Prices range from $31-$179 per pair for all seats (except Box seats) for the following concerts at Symphony Center:
Tchaikovsky "Piano Concerto No. 1"
Danish conductor Thomas Søndergård leads two Russian masterpieces: Rachmaninov's powerful First Symphony and Tchaikovsky's First Piano Concerto, which is also the piece where pianist Alexander Gavrylyuk will make his CSO debut. The program also features Sibelius' Nocturne and Ballade from "King Christian II."
Chen Leads All-Mozart
CSO Concertmaster Robert Chen leads his fellow orchestra members in an all-Mozart program, featuring some of the composer's most popular pieces, including "Eine kleine Nachtmusik," Flute Concerto No. 2, Violin Concerto No. 3 ("Strassburg") and Symphony No. 25.
"The Inextinguishable" Symphony
- Thursday, Dec. 6, at 8 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 7, at 1:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 8, at 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 11, at 7:30 p.m.
Danish composer Carl Nielsen wrote "Music is life, and, like life, inextinguishable" about his Fourth Symphony, which was composed during World War I. Wagner's Overture to "Rienzi" and Strauss' "Four Last Songs" round out the program.
And prices range from $28.50-$149.25 (reg. $38-$199) for all seats (except Box seats) for the following concerts at Symphony Center:
Tilson Thomas Conducts "Tchaikovsky 6"
Michael Tilson Thomas returns to conduct a program of Russian works, including Tchaikovsky’s profound Sixth Symphony. Violinist Nicola Benedetti brings her “pure and gleaming" (The New York Times) sound to Prokofiev’s Second Violin Concerto. Stravinsky's Concerto in D for String Orchestra rounds out the program.
The Chicago Symphony Orchestra's "Merry, Merry Chicago!"
The entire family will love CSO's annual holiday spectacular, which will feature vocalist Storm Large, narrator David Lively and the Young Naperville Singers. Hear classic holiday songs like "The First Noel" and "The Christmas Song" alongside new favorites. Keep an eye out for a surprise visit from Santa, too.
Note: Extra fees are $6 per ticket, but that’s the standard charge on all tickets.
When You Can Go
Select dates through Dec. 16
Up to 50%
How to Book
- The discount will be applied after you use the promo code TRAVELZOO at the end of booking.
- Click on one of the links for the performance of your choice.
- Click the red "Buy Tickets" button.
- Select number of tickets (must purchase a minimum of two tickets to get the discount).
- Use the interactive map to choose your seat location (Box seats are excluded); click "Add to Cart."
- Review order, click "Checkout."
- Log in or register.
- Enter TRAVELZOO in the box that says "Enter promo code." Click "Apply."
- Enter your billing information to complete the purchase.
Book this deal by phone
Call the box office at 312-294-3000 and mention the code TRAVELZOO to book by phone. Phone hours are Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., and Sunday, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.