$3619 – Escorted Ecuador: Travel with WE
See the Amazon rainforest and an Ecuadorian village without the distraction of other tour groups.
This is one of those experiences you'll talk about for the rest of your life.
Step into a village supported by WE Charity in rural Ecuador and get to know the local community without the distraction of other tourist groups.
ME to WE, the WE organization's travel arm, will escort you every step of the way. And as an extra incentive to do good, Travelzoo members save $500 on this adventure.
Want to know what a ME to WE trip is like? Travelzoo staffer Marisa McCloskey went to Kenya with the group and had the "trip of a lifetime."
What you'll experience on this five-night trip:
- An Amazon rainforest hike with a naturalist guide
- Helping out local farmers with their daily routine
- Making your own chocolate at a cacao farm
- A shamanic ceremony
- A traditional cooking lesson
- ... watch this video for a preview of it all
- Five nights' accommodations at Minga Lodge, a 4-star establishment run by ME to WE
- All meals and drinks, including beer and wine
- All airport transfers, ground transportation and professional ME to WE facilitators throughout the trip
- All of the above activities, plus the opportunity to work on a development project that directly helps the local community
When: Trips begin on Jan. 5; Feb. 16; March 23; April 27.
Want to go to the Galapagos, too? Upgrade your trip by adding on three nights in the Galapagos and two nights in Quito after your time at Minga Lodge. This extended, 10-night version is $6995 (reg. $7495) and includes activities like tours of Tortuga Bay and the Charles Darwin Research Station. Inquire online for more information.
Book by Dec. 15.
When You Can Go
Jan. 5; Feb. 16; March 23; April 27
$500 per person
How to Book
Inquire online and a ME to WE Travel Expert will get back to you.
- Select "Adult and Family Trips," "Ecuador" and "2019" from the drop-down menus.
- Enter your contact information.
- Select "Other" from the "How did you hear about ME to WE Trips?" drop-down menu.
- Mention Travelzoo under "Anything else we should know?"
Book this deal by phone
Call ME to WE at 1-833-211-9678.
Travel Experts are available Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. ET.
About ME to WE
ME to WE didn’t start as a travel company. For over 20 years, the WE organization has worked with indigenous communities in the Amazon to deliver its five pillar sustainable development model. Now those same communities welcome a small group of ME to WE travellers as family for a deeply immersive and rewarding cultural experience.