$1199 & up – Seaside in Madeira: 5-Star Week with Flights
Slip away to Portugal's Madeira island for a luxurious seven nights on the edge of the Atlantic.
This fall package snags you shoulder-season prices without typical shoulder-season weather -- November averages highs of 22 degrees.
- You get a free upgrade to a pool-view room at the hotel, which has multiple saltwater pools surrounded by loungers and ocean views, plus a pier that lets you wade right into the ocean itself
- You can bring your breakfast of fresh fruit and made-to-order omelettes out to the terrace to watch the sun rise over the Atlantic as you eat, glass of sparkling wine in hand
- The hotel is a 15-minute stroll from the city centre and has over 50 restaurants within a 500-metre radius
- There's so much to do in Madeira: hike the verdant levada trails, sample local wines or test your nerve at the sea cliff of Cabo Girao, where you can stand on a glass skywalk and stare down at the ocean churning 580 metres below
What's included: roundtrip flights, airport-hotel transfers, seven nights in the 5-star Pestana Carlton Madeira, daily breakfast and all taxes.
Depart on select November dates for the following per-person pricing:
- $1199 ... Toronto
- $1479 ... Calgary
- $1499 ... Montreal
- $1689 ... Vancouver
Additional departures are available through 2019; earlier fall dates start at +$210.
Travelzoo Tip: When Ernest Hemingway visited Madeira, he reportedly loved a local tradition in which you ride in a wicker toboggan, or carro de cesto, while two men propel you down a 2-kilometre hill. Try it out for yourself in Funchal's city centre.
$1199 & up
Select November dates; September-October from +$210
$670 vs. surrounding dates
How to Book
Continue to Portugal Getaways
This deal can only be booked online. When booking, under "Room Upgrade," check off "Classic Pool View - Double" to get the free upgrade.
Questions? Contact Portugal Getaways for more information:
Call centre hours:
- Monday to Friday: 5 a.m. - 7 p.m. ET
- Weekends: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. ET