$2659 – 4-Day Fishing Trip in B.C. w/Helicopter Transfers
Why We Love This Deal
This epic, all-inclusive fishing retreat takes you to Fortress Lake Wilderness Resort on the B.C.-Alberta border, where you can expect "the most scenic fishing on the planet" (Fly Nation). The cherry on top of this package -- which saves over $1000 on regular rates -- is the included helicopter transfer that takes you over mountains, lakes and the Columbia Icefield.
Travelzoo is partnering with Roots to bring you True Nature Escapes, a handpicked collection of invigorating experiences just a short drive from the city. As a bonus, get a free gift with purchase of the offer below -- your very own Roots Beaver Water Tube -- to make embracing summer that much easier. Break from the everyday and embrace spontaneity. Getting away is just a few clicks away.
For more details, see full terms and conditions. Offer valid for Travelzoo members only.
- Semi-guided fishing package options at Fortress Lake Wilderness Resort:
- $2659 (reg. $3799) per person for a four-day package; arrive Fridays
- $2939 (reg. $4199) per person for a five-day package; arrive Mondays
- $3849 (reg. $5499) per person for an eight-day package; arrive Mondays or Fridays
All packages include:
- Return helicopter transfers from Cline River
- Cabin accommodations at Fortress Lake Retreat including all meals, snacks and nonalcoholic beverages, as well as a glass of house wine (white or red) and domestic beer with dinner
- All gear including rods, reels and tackle, plus unlimited use of the on-site canoes, kayaks and 12- to 14-foot aluminum power boats
Why We Love It
- You'll fly 2,900 metres over Cline Pass, a sight few people get the chance to see
- Private cabins are kitted out with a wood burner and log beds with memory foam mattresses
- Expect pancakes, eggs Benedict and bacon for breakfast, plus barbecue ribs and lamb for dinner, cooked and served in the yurt
- Lunches can be made on-site or packed for those wanting to fish, canoe or hike all day
- Semi-guided fishing is included that allows you to explore the lake at your own pace
- Brook trout usually come in at 5-7 pounds, but the Fortress Lake record is a nearly 12 pound fish
Additional Charges: 5% GST is not included and will be paid directly to the resort. Guests will need to acquire a fishing license, which can be purchased online from Fisheries & Oceans Canada.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the Fortress Lake Wilderness Retreat directly at 403-899-8815 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. To confirm your reservation, Fortress Lake Wilderness Retreat require a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the trip total for your group/individual. Payment can be made by personal cheque or internet payment. Fortress Lake Wilderness Retreat operate on a first paid, first reserved basis. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo or visit My Account within 7 days of purchase for a full refund.
Cancellation and Other Resort Policies: Once reserved, Fortress Lake Wilderness Retreat cancellation policy prevails; due to the nature of the trip cancellations are strict; it is recommended that all guests purchase cancellation insurance. Fortress Lake Wilderness Retreat has the right to cancel due to reasons beyond control, such as weather, helicopter availability or maintenance. This will result in a credit for any unused portion of the tour. This credit is valid for one calendar year from the original booked tour. A minimum of two people per departure date is required for the trip to go ahead. Resort-imposed penalties may apply. Any unused promotional value credit will be forfeited upon checkout. This deal cannot be combined with other offers. Guests must adhere to resort rules and policies. Gratuity, if applicable, is additional. Voucher(s) must be used in 1 visit. (Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol.)