$1449 & up – Nepal Nature Tours: See Tigers & Leopards
Why We Love This Deal
Home to the world's tallest mountains and some of the rarest species anywhere on Earth, Nepal is a country of extremes.
Immerse yourself in its rugged, natural landscapes and get up close to elusive wildlife like Bengal tigers and snow leopards on one of these tours by top-rated Prime Himalayas. We've negotiated over 30% in exclusive savings through 2023.
Travelzoo Tip: This makes a particularly amazing gift for the adventurer in your life. Just check "Is this a gift?" at checkout and we'll hide the price for you. Your recipient will have until December 2023 to use it, and the voucher is refundable until then, too.
- For $1449 per person, embark on a six-night tour of Kathmandu and Nepal's largest national park, Bardiya (reg. $2179):
- Tours depart from Kathmandu on the 6th, 15th or 24th of every month through December 2023
- Spend three nights exploring Nepal's capital city, including cultural monuments like Monkey Temple, Boudhanath Stupa and the Museum of Nepali Art at Thamel
- Fly to Nepalgunj for three nights, where you'll visit the indigenous Tharu community and Elephant Breeding Centre, before taking a two-day safari through Bardiya — here you can spot royal Bengal tigers, one-horned rhinoceros and more
- Check out the full itinerary for more details
- Price is based on two travellers sharing a room; buy two vouchers to travel with a companion; solo travellers can pay a solo-supplement fee of US$300 to the operator for their own room
For $4199 per person, head into the wilderness for a 12-night snow leopard-tracking tour (reg. $6055)
- Tours depart from Kathmandu on Nov. 12; Dec. 12, 2021, as well as the 4th and 13th of January, February, November and December 2022-2023
- After your arrival in Kathmandu, spend three nights trekking through the Himalayas in a private jeep to base camp at Manang — this will give you time to acclimatize to the nearly 11,500-foot altitude
- Spend six nights hiking with a professional tracker to observe snow leopards in their natural habitat, before descending back to Kathmandu — here accommodations will be a mix of lodges, tents and home stays, depending on what puts you closest to these elusive big cats
- Check out the full itinerary for more details
- Price is based on two travellers sharing a room; buy two vouchers to travel with a companion; solo travellers can pay a solo-supplement fee of US$500 to the operator for their own room
All stays include:
- Hotel, lodge, tent and home-stay accommodations per your itinerary
- Roundtrip airport transfers, ground transportation throughout the tour and domestic airfare within Nepal when applicable
- Daily breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals when travelling outside Kathmandu (excludes drinks)
- One farewell dinner upon your last night in Nepal (excludes drinks)
- Daily guided and private sightseeing tours, including all entrance fees and necessary permits
- All government taxes and fees (excludes entry visa for Nepal)
Why We Love It
- The tour operator, Prime Himalayas, earns positively stellar reviews — including a perfect 5 out of 5 from more than 370 ratings on TripAdvisor
- On the six-night tour, you'll see countless species of birds, mammals and reptiles in Bardiya National Park, in addition to visiting Boudhanath Stupa, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the largest Buddhist temples in the world
- On the 12-night tour you'll have a rare opportunity to spot snow leopards in the wild — per the World Wildlife Foundation, these solitary big cats are known as "ghosts of the mountains"
- No matter which tour you book, you'll have ample opportunity to admire Nepal's singular geography of soaring mountain ranges and dense jungle forests, as well as its cultural heritage dating back millennia
About the Destination
Home to the largest stretch of the Himalayan Mountain Range, Nepal is famed for soaring peaks like Mount Everest, as well as its abundant and unique wildlife, and closely guarded culture. To begin the tour, Canadian travellers will fly into Kathmandu International Airport (KTM) and your tour guide will meet you at the airport.
Occupancy Rules: Pricing is per person, based on two people sharing a room. If you are travelling alone, you will be paired with another traveller of the same gender. If you're travelling alone and wish to have a room to yourself, a single-supplement fee applies of US$300 per six-night trip or US$500 per 12-night trip, payable to Prime Himalayas. There is a minimum of four and maximum of 10 people per tour group for the six-night Bardiya National Park tour, and a minimum of four and maximum of six people for the 12-night Snow Leopard tour.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call +977 9851057582 or email email@example.com to book your trek. Reservations must be made via email and are subject to availability. We recommend booking at least 60 days in advance to secure your desired travel dates.
Cancellation Policies: Until the voucher’s expiry date, Travelzoo will give you a full refund of your purchase if you can't find dates that suit you or if you change your mind about going. Once the tour is reserved, changes must be made at least 30 days prior to arrival or voucher will not be refundable. Any unused promotional value credit will be forfeited upon checkout. This deal cannot be combined with other offers. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies. Voucher(s) must be used in one visit.
The Government of Canada posts travel alerts and travel warnings for countries where travellers' health and safety may be at risk. When planning your trip, we recommend you check the Official Global Travel Advisory website to see what precautions you should take to minimize the impact on your travel.