$1399 – Bhutan: 5-Night Thousand Lakes Trek w/Everest Views
Why We Love This Deal
Hike through Bhutan's oak forests and rhododendron valleys while gazing out at the titanic Himalayas with this deal that cuts $650 off the regular price of a moderate, five-night Thousand Lakes Trek package.
Travelzoo Tip: Combine this trek experience with time in cosmopolitan Singapore or amid the temples of Bangkok. Both cities have direct flights into Bhutan's international airport.
- For $1399, get a five-night Thousand Lakes Trek for one person, including:
- Departures on the 1st or 15th of every month through December 2022
- Four nights' accommodations in camping tents
- One night's accommodations in Paro at a 3-star hotel
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, evening tea, dinner), from lunch on the first day to breakfast on the last day
- All airport transfers and ground transportation as per itinerary
- Pack ponies as required for trekking days
- Local guide with experienced kitchen staff on the trek
- All necessary travel permits and Bhutan Visa Fees
- On-trek equipment: two-person sleeping tent, mattresses, kitchen tents with Petromax and cooking utensils, dining tent with chair and table, toilet tent (separate tents for men and women only for departures with 12 trekkers or more)
- Prices are per person, based on two people sharing a tent/room; solo travellers can get their own tent/room for US$150 per person, payable directly to Himalayan Adventure Treks & Tours Pvt Ltd
Why We Love It
- You'll trek with Himalayan Adventure Treks & Tours, which earns a stellar 5 out of 5 on TripAdvisor from past travellers
- This moderate-level trek can be completed with an average level of fitness and plenty of perseverance
- Soak up jaw-dropping views of the Himalayas; your guide will point out the peaks for you, including Mount Everest
- Look out for yaks along the trail to Gur, as the trail was previously a major trading route but is currently used by yak herders and woodcutters
Occupancy Rules: Pricing is per person, based on two people sharing a tent/room. If you are travelling alone, you will have a choice to either pay a supplement or choose a different departure date that has four people booked. If you wish to have a room to yourself, a single supplement fee of US$150 applies, payable to Himalayan Adventure Treks & Tours Pvt Ltd. There is a minimum of four and maximum of 16 people per tour group.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then email email@example.com to book your trek. Reservations must be made via email and are subject to availability. We recommend booking at least 60 days in advance to secure your desired travel dates.
Visa Policy: A scanned colour copy of the original passport (valid for six months during the time of visit to Bhutan) will have to be provided to tour provider. Visa is approved upon the confirmation of the full tour payment and is issued by the Department of Immigration. Without this visa clearance number, tourists cannot board the flight or enter the country. The copy of this visa clearance will be forwarded to you to produce during the check-in at the respective airline counter as well as to the immigration authorities upon arrival in Paro international airport or other port of entry.
Cancellation Policies: Until the voucher’s expiry date, Travelzoo will give you a full refund of your purchase if you can't find dates that suit you or if you change your mind about going. Once the tour is reserved, changes must be made at least 30 days prior to arrival or voucher will not be refundable. Any unused promotional value credit will be forfeited upon checkout. This deal cannot be combined with other offers. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies. Voucher(s) must be used in one visit.
Tour does NOT include: International flights from Canada; travel insurance; tips for guides and porters (tipping is expected); all additional costs due to natural calamity and unforeseen circumstances; any other expenses not mentioned.
The Government of Canada posts travel alerts and travel warnings for countries where travellers' health and safety may be at risk. When planning your trip, we recommend you check the Official Global Travel Advisory website to see what precautions you should take to minimize the impact on your travel.