$45 & up – Salt Spring Island Retreat, 40% Off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Where grassy pastures drop suddenly into the sea, Salt Spring Island is the perfect "bucolic getaway" (Frommer's). This deal gives way to savings of up to 40% on stays at this newly renovated hotel.
"There are more than enough good eats [in Salt Spring] to keep foodie travellers satiated" -- The Globe and Mail
- $79-$137 per night … Sun-Thu through June 30
- $63-$137 per night … Sept. 1-30
- $45-$91 per night … Oct. 1-31
- Stay in a Farm View room; upgraded Harbour View rooms are also discounted
- Enjoy daily breakfast for two
- Regular rates on weekends and in July-August are also available but do not include breakfast
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children 12 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding; extra guest charges of $20 (plus tax) will apply per night for older children and adults
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel prior to 3 p.m. local time, 48-hours before arrival, if necessary
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is complimentary
- Pet-friendly; additional fees will apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- The hotel is located at the head of Ganges Harbour, directly across from the Marina, a five minute walk to the Ganges Village area – Salt Spring’s downtown
- Sustainable organic ingredients are grown on-site on a 2.5-acre garden to meet 80% of the restaurant’s needs
- Standard rooms feature farm views with roaming goats while Harbourview rooms open onto sprawling vistas of the Ganges Harbour
A working farm since the early 1900s, the hotel first opened its doors as a 12-bedroom guesthouse during WWI. It has now reopened after an extensive renovation. The guest rooms come equipped with modern fixtures, high-speed WiFi, flat screen televisions with most rooms offering harbour views of stunning Gulf Island sunrises.
Choose to dine at the restaurant or take in the surrounding views on the spacious patio. Guests at the Harbour House follow a 100-yard diet with in-house crops ranging from edible flowers, berries, quinoa and various salad greens. The greenhouses also produce melons, heirloom tomatoes, lettuces and chili peppers as well as zucchini, eggplant and tomatillos. Active beehives around the farm provide a small supply of honey and in the colder months the hotel hosts maple syrup boils as they tap 100 West Coast Big Leaf maple trees that have surrounded the property for over a century.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- Bike rental
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 12 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra bedding allowed in double bed rooms only.
Extra bedding available upon request: $20 plus tax, per night.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$20 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Crib/Pack 'n Play not available.
Extra bedding allowed in double bed rooms only.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at $20 per pet per night.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Air conditioning and central heating not available in the standard guest rooms.
Up to 40% Off
$45 / night
About the Hotel
You can also arrive on Salt Spring by float plane with service from Victoria, Vancouver, and Seattle, provided by Salt Spring Air, SeaAir Seaplanes, Harbour Air Seaplanes, and Kenmore Air. The flight time is 35 minutes.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(18 Member Ratings)