$187 & up – Private Cottage in Northern Michigan, 40% Off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
These private cottages near Petoskey put you a short drive from both Traverse City and Mackinac Island. Gather the family or a group of friends and save 40% on a cottage rental for up to 10 guests -- including some set right on the lake (pictured above).
- Stay in a private Three-Bedroom Crooked Tree Cottage with golf course views
- $187 per night ... daily through April 30, Oct. 1 - Dec. 19
- $263-$276 per night ... May 1 - June 1
- Private Lakeside Cottages are also available starting at $222 per night
- A US$25 daily resort gift card per cottage to use toward the spa, dining or golf
What You Need to Know
- Two-night minimum stay required
- Price based on up to six guests sharing a Two-Bedroom Lakeside Cottage, eight guests sharing a Three-Bedroom Crooked Tree Cottage and up to 10 guests sharing a Three-Bedroom Lakeside Cottage
- When selecting your dates and number of guests, choose '5 guests' from the drop-down, then the cottage type needed for your actual number of guests
- Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- Single night deposit required, cancellation fees may apply
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort fee of 10% of the room rate plus tax per night; the fee covers Wi-Fi, two-hour beach cruiser rental, shuttle service and more
- Self-parking is complimentary
- Not pet-friendly; service animals only
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- These charming cottages are great for larger groups and sit lakeside or on the edge of the tree-lined fairways of Crooked Tree Golf Club
- Cottages come equipped with at least two full bathrooms, kitchen, washer and dryer, fireplace and patio
- Near downtown Petoskey's historic Gaslight District with lots of independent shops and galleries
- Just steps from a private beach on Little Traverse Bay, just off Lake Michigan
With a private beach, outdoor activities, and a quaint, small-town vibe, a trip to the Cottages at Bay Harbor is the perfect combination of relaxation and lakeside family fun. The adjacent hotel, Inn at Bay Harbor, offers a complimentary shuttle to neighbouring towns, including nearby Petoskey. Guests are a 60- to 90-minute drive to Traverse City or Mackinac Island for day trips to two of Michigan's most popular destinations.
Guests can choose from two- or three-bedroom lakeside cottages or a three-bedroom cottage that sits on the Crooked Tree Golf Club. All cottages come equipped with at least two full bathrooms, a full kitchen, washer and dryer, fireplace and a patio or balcony. With plenty of room to sprawl out, the cottages are an ideal option for extended stays. Rent bicycles to cruise along the lake while the children enjoy all sorts of activities at the Inn Kids club.
The daily resort fee includes more than just bottled water -- such as high-speed Wi-Fi, s'mores by the outdoor fire pits, fly-fishing instruction (based on availability) and golf balls to hit on the range at Crooked Tree Golf Club. Board games and DVDs are also available upon request at the reception desk.
We recommend you take a drive up nearby Highway 119, also known as The Tunnel of Trees, “one of the state’s most iconic attractions” (MyNorth). The 32-kilometre stretch overlooks Lake Michigan and features charming general stores and restaurants along the way, and it's especially beautiful during fall foliage season. The Cottages at Bay Harbor are also a desired spot in winter because of its ideal location between two popular ski destinations, Boyne Highlands and Boyne Mountain.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Private beach
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Extra bedding available upon request: free of charge.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Pets: Only service animals allowed.
A resort/facility fee of 10% plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out.
The resort/facility fee includes:
Shuttle service upon request to Petoskey's Gaslight District, Village at Bay Harbor, Bay Harbor Golf Club, Crooked Tree Golf Club, and Odawa Casino.
Range balls at Crooked Tree Golf Club and Bay Harbor Golf Club (Proper golf attire required, guests under 16 must be accompanied by a parent)
Outdoor council fire and s'mores
Inn Kids activities (Summer Seasonal)
Fly fishing instruction (Friday evening, Memorial Day-Labor Day)
Morning coffee in the Inn lobby
Bottled water and and microwavable popcorn in guest rooms
Daily newspaper can be picked up in the Inn at Bay Harbor lobby
DVD player and movie library available from Inn Reception Desk
Board games available from Inn Reception Desk
Unlimited local and U.S. domestic long distance phone calls
2- hour beach cruiser rental
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$187 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.