$343 – 3-Night Galway Escape with Dinner, 40% Off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
With plenty of museums, traditional pubs full of Irish charm and plenty of seafood restaurants, Galway is "one of Ireland's most engaging cities" (Lonely Planet). Stays at the Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway are now 40% off for Travelzoo members.
- Sunday-Friday through April 29; Saturdays also on sale
- $343 ... three-night stay
- $244 ... two-night stay
- Daily full Irish breakfast (value of 10 British pounds per person, per day)
- A three-course set-menu dinner for two on the first night (value of 38 pounds)
- Late checkout until 2 p.m. (value of 18 pounds)
What You Need to Know
- A stay of two nights or longer is required
- Rate based on up to two guests sharing one room; children 3 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding; when travelling with children and more than two guests total, select "2 Guests" from the drop-down menu and indicate the number of additional guests in the "Special Requests" field when booking
- These rates are nonrefundable and noncancellable; full prepayment required at time of booking
- The included three-course dinner is to be taken on the first night only and reservations are required; please call the hotel directly to pre-book
- Breakfast for children is included
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking
- Not pet-friendly; service animals only
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- This modern hotel is less than 10 minutes' drive from Galway’s city centre, which combines "winding medieval lanes" with a "cosmopolitan core" (Frommer's)
- There is a fitness room and a restaurant
- It had an 8-million-euro refurbishment in 2018
Lonely Planet describes Galway as "arty," "bohemian" and "one of Ireland’s most engaging cities," and Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway is less than 10 minutes' drive from its city centre.
There you'll find many of the city's major attractions, including Galway Cathedral, Eyre Square, the plaza and Galway Market -- which on Saturdays is “standout for food” (Lonely Planet). Both Galway City Museum, dedicated to local history, and the Spanish Arch are around 10 minutes' drive from the hotel.
The hotel occupies a contemporary building with a curving glass facade, after undergoing an 8-million-euro refurbishment in June 2018. Inside, there's a circular lobby with a lounge area, plus a bar serving snacks and drinks, while guests can order hearty international dishes in the restaurant. There's also a fitness room.
Rooms are decorated in soft grays with splashes of bright colour, and feature tea- and coffee-making facilities.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Breakfast for children is included
Breakfast for adults is included
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request, free of charge, for children 3 and under.
Please use the Special Request field to confirm the age of the third guest.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
£10 per night for children 4 to 13.
£40 per night for older children and adults.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$343 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.