$99 – Glamping & Paddleboarding on Sunshine Coast, 50% Off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Camping doesn't have to mean you'll be roughing it -- bunk up in style in a safari tent with a real bed and fireplace. This deal includes paddleboarding or canoeing for two on the calm waters of Ruby Lake.
Travelzoo is partnering with Roots to bring you True Nature Escapes, a handpicked collection of invigorating experiences just a short drive from the city. As a bonus, get a free gift with purchase of the offer below -- your very own Roots Beaver Water Tube -- to make embracing summer that much easier. Break from the everyday and embrace spontaneity. Getting away is just a few clicks away.
For more details, see promotion terms and conditions. Offer valid for Travelzoo members only.
- Check in through June 13 or Sept. 2-30
- $99 per night … Safari Tent
- $159 per night ... Cottage
- Includes a two-hour stand-up paddleboard or canoe rental for two people (up to $100 value)
- One free appetizer at La Trattoria Italiana restaurant during opening hours
- Stays in July and August are also available (non-discounted and does not include rentals or appetizer)
What You Need to Know
- Two-night minimum stay for Friday and Saturday check-ins
- Check Ruby Lake Resort for restaurant operating dates and time
- Price based on up to two guests sharing accommodations
- Tents accommodate a maximum of two people; cottages accommodate two adults and up to two children
- Children ages 1-15 years can stay for an additional $10 per night; older children and adults are an additional $15 per night
- Refundable price; book now and cancel 30 days before arrival if needed
- Limited free Wi-Fi is available in some of the resort's common spaces; not available within the accommodations
- Free self-parking and no resort fee
- Pet-friendly; some accommodations are pet-friendly (fees apply)
- Daily housekeeping is not available for the tents; tent washroom facilities are shared and a short walk away
- In order to deter wildlife, food is not permitted inside the tents
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- The resort has a network of walking trails, a picnic area and bird sanctuary
- The lagoon doubles as a wildlife sanctuary for painted turtles, otters and beavers
- Tents are elevated on wooden platforms with full beds and fireplaces
- Cottages are individually designed; some have fireplaces or full kitchens
- The on-site restaurant serves dishes using ingredients from the resort’s garden
British Columbia’s Sunshine Coast “has an independent, island-like mentality that belies the fact it's just a short hop … from Metro Vancouver” (Lonely Planet). Add on the fact that it’s “the province's most celebrated year-round recreation centre” and “the scenery is spectacular,” it’s a tantalizing haven for those looking for an easy getaway (Frommer’s).
Within this renowned region and sprawled over 80 acres on the edge of Ruby Lake, this expansive resort is an outdoor sanctuary. Although accommodations are amidst a rustic setting, guests will appreciate the myriad of amenities -- in addition to creature comforts like feather duvets, there’s an outdoor amphitheatre; private dock and beach; on-site canoe, rowboat, and stand-up paddleboard rentals; as well as lakeside yoga classes, swimming, hiking and cycling trails. Be sure to leave time to explore the nearby Skookumchuck Narrows saltwater rapids and picturesque Princess Louisa Inlet.
The property's Italian restaurant, linked by a floating footbridge over the lagoon, creates dishes using as much local produce as possible, including farm-to-table goods grown right on site. Guests can enjoy specialties like fresh steelhead trout from Lois Lake Powell River and spaghetti with homemade pesto and vegetables from the resort’s own garden.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Private beach
- 100% smoke-free
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Sitting area
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 19.
Because of limited front desk hours, please contact the property directly upon booking so that direct instructions and applicable hours for check-in during your stay dates are given.
Restaurant Hours: varying seasonal hours apply in April, May, June, Sept & Oct. Please inquire with property directly for days/times of operation during your stay.
Minimum age required to check in: 19.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra bedding not available for older children and adults. Rates are based on double occupancy.
Crib/Pack 'n Play not available.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$10 plus tax per night for children 1 to 15.
$15 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Age 16+ are charged as adults.
Charges for children 15 and under will be applied and charged directly at hotel.
All children must be included in guests list and counted as a guest regarding occupancy. Please list children's ages under the "Special Requests" field.
Rates are based on double occupancy.
Pets are allowed on request, and will be charged a single time CA$25 pet fee for tents and a single time CA$35 pet fee for cottages (rates are subject to tax). Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pet Friendly accommodations are available in select cottages and tents. It is mandatory that guests contact the hotel directly to check availability for the pet friendly room prior to booking. Additional daily charges will apply. If guests fail to check in with property first regarding their pets and availability of pet friendly accommodations, there will be a penalty fee of CA$100 per day in which a pet was introduced into a non pet-friendly room.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
In April; dinner only, Friday-Sunday.
Please check the resort's website or call regarding restaurant hours during particular dates.
$99 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(17 Member Ratings)