Why We Love It
- Named one of the 500 best hotels by Travel + Leisure and also Fodor’s Choice
- It is family owned and offers personalized service
- Located in Vail Village, less than a five-minute walk to the base of the mountain and ski slopes
- Activities abound during all seasons and include golf, tennis, ski runs and hiking
#2 of 33 hotels in Vail" -- TripAdvisor
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Lodged amid the mountains and scenic beauty of Vail, straight out of a fairy tale with its scalloped rooftops and a balconied exterior, is the AAA 4-Diamond Sonnenalp Hotel. Owned by the Faessler family for four generations, the resort offers personalized service that makes you feel like part of the family during your stay. Schedule a treatment or relax in the sauna or indoor whirlpool at the spa, which Travel + Leisure indicates as “reason enough to come to Vail.”
Rise and shine with a European breakfast buffet featuring a variety of meats, cheeses, pastries, juices, teas and coffees. The abundance of on-site dining options makes it easy to find an ideal spot for lunch, dinner and cocktails -- a quiet place for a romantic meal or an energetic atmosphere with live music.
The lively center of town, Vail Village, is a brief stroll from the hotel. There you’ll find restaurants, bars and shopping hot spots. During the winter months, the streets are heated to make for a comfortable experience coming and going.
Back at the hotel, head back to a guest room or suite decorated with custom-made Bavarian furniture, evoking the feeling of a Europe hideaway.
- “It's the sense of family tradition and European elegance that makes the Sonnenalp Resort the most romantic of all hotels in the faux-Tyrolean village of Vail” -- Fodor’s
- “When you meant to book St. Anton’s Hotel Post but couldn’t find the time to head across the pond for a ski vacation, the Sonnenalp in Vail is a close second” -- Travel + Leisure
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Video games on request
Internet Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 11.00 (rates may vary)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
Parking Valet parking fee: USD 24.00 per night (in/out privileges).
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 21 and USD 34 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 28 per night (in/out privileges)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 38.43 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.