$260 & up – Monterey 4-Star Escape incl. Mimosa Breakfast
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
With its dramatic coastline, mild weather and numerous tourist attractions, California's Monterey is a great and often pricey destination year-round. With this deal you can save up to 35% at the member-favourite Portola Hotel & Spa near Fisherman's Wharf and get daily breakfast with mimosas.
- Stay in a Portola King or Double room through April 14:
- $260 per night ... many Sundays-Thursdays
- $286 per night ... select Fridays, including Valentine's Day
- $312 per night ... select Saturdays
- Daily mimosa breakfast for two (reg. US$45.90)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi (reg. US$9.95)
What You Need to Know
- Note: The hotel will be updating its guest rooms through April 2020, so there may be possible noise disruptions 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.; if you plan to work/sleep in your room during this time, please contact the hotel so the staff members can do their best to secure you a room away from the work area; you can reach the hotel at 1-888-222-5851
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel later, if necessary
- No resort fee
- Self-parking is US$21, and valet parking is US$25 per night
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Designated with a Conde Nast Traveller Readers' Choice Awards in 2018
- On-site craft brewery, outdoor pool and kids club
- The hotel has the largest day spa in Monterey
- A five-minute drive to Monterey Bay Aquarium and Cannery Row
On the coast among the wineries and beaches of central California lies the Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay, which recently completed a lobby renovation and added a new restaurant. This child-friendly property is also home to the area’s largest day spa and Monterey's original craft brewery.
The hotel is set on a historic plaza and is within walking distance of the vibrant Fisherman’s Wharf and Monterey Bay Aquarium (ask at the hotel about tickets — they are the same price as when you buy direct, but are valid for two days instead of one).
The hotel does not have air conditioning, but all nautical-style bedrooms have ceiling fans and large windows or patio doors that open to the sound of the ocean (and the occasional seagull or seal). Most rooms overlook the city or the pool courtyard. Upgrade to a Harbor View Room on the fifth or sixth floor for impressive sea views at night. Wi-Fi is free in the lobby or bar, but available for an extra charge in the guest rooms.
The hotel has three on-site restaurants: Jacks Monterey, the hotel's newest restaurant which features California cultural cuisine; Peter B's Brewpub, a craft brewery; and the Club Room, which offers a European style breakfast buffet daily.
Note: The hotel will be updating its guest rooms through April 2020. There may be possible noise disruptions from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., so if you plan to work/sleep in your room during this time please contact the hotel so its team can try to secure you a room away from the work area. You can reach the hotel at 1-888-222-5851
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
A Parking Fee applies and will be added to your bill:
Self parking is $20 plus tax, Valet is $23 plus tax, per day. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout. This rate is subject to change at the discretion of the property.
- Off-street parking
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm. Guests under the age of 18 require parental consent.
Guests under the age of 18 require parental consent.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra person fees will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
US$20 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Extra person fees will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets are allowed on request. Charges will apply. A maximum 2 pets per room.
Charges are $50 for the first night, $25 for the 2nd & 3rd nights; the pet fee has a $100 cap per stay.
A maximum 2 pets per room.
Car park fee: US$21 plus tax per night.
Valet service fee: US$25 plus tax per night.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Note: The hotel will be updating their guest rooms through April 2020. There may be possible noise disruptions 8am-6pm so if you plan to work/sleep in your room during this time please contact the hotel so they can do their best to secure a room away from the work area. You can reach the hotel at (888) 222-5851.
$260 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(27 Member Ratings)