Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Why We Love It
- Pretty canalside location
- Two Michelin-starred restaurants on site, plus a full spa & large swimming pool
- It’s the tallest hotel in the city & has great views
- Rooms are "of the highest grade, offering subtle, unshowy luxuries galore", says The Guardian
"Sumptuous & understated luxury" -- Condé Nast Traveller
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
East meets west at the 5-star Okura Amsterdam, set on the banks of the Amstel Canal. Japanese flower arrangements sit alongside antique Dutch furniture in the vast lobby, and there are two Michelin-starred restaurants, serving Japanese Teppanyaki and fine French food.
Forty years after opening, the hotel remains one of the tallest buildings in Amsterdam and functions in part as a huge barometer, with lights across the top that forecast the weather – blue for good, green for rain. It’s also a short walk from the tourist sights – take a walk along the canal to admire the 17th- and 18th-century merchant houses and the city’s wooden bridges. The Museumplein is a 10-minute walk and is home to the three most popular museums in the city – Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh Museum and Stedelijk Museum.
Back at the hotel, the rooms are spacious for Amsterdam, with luxurious Dutch beds, Nespresso machines, international wall sockets (British and European), and a control panel for the curtains, lights and room temperature. Huge bathroom windows make the most of the view. Upgrade to an Executive Room for access to the Executive Lounge (with free all-day snacks and drinks) and the Nagomi Health club. Low-speed Wi-Fi is free.
Nagomi Health has a large swimming pool, a gym, saunas, a Turkish steam room and spa, with a popular light therapy treatment to treat guests with jetlag. Access for guests usually costs extra, unless you're having a spa treatment.
Enjoy more of those standout views from the Sky Bar on the 23rd floor, or the neighbouring Ciel Bleu (blue sky) restaurant. With two Michelin stars, dinner here is really quite special, with fine French cuisine on the menu. Alternatively, there is the Michelin-starred Yamazato restaurant on the ground floor, serving Teppanyaki cuisine overlooking a Japanese garden.
- "You’ll bask in an Asian sense of luxury and service… Dining options are dazzling" -- Fodor's
- "The five-star hotel prides itself on sumptuous and understated luxury and a peaceful, quiet atmosphere" -- Condé Nast Traveller
- "Rooms... are of the highest grade, offering subtle, unshowy luxuries galore" -- The Guardian
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3am.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm National Rating Know Before You Go
This property does not have a Netherlands Tourist Board rating. For the benefit of our customers, we have provided a rating based on our rating system.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 29.50 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: EUR 0.00 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: EUR 40.00 per night
- Valet parking fee: EUR 40.00 per night
- Pet fee: EUR 35 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 70.0 per day
- A facilities fee includes use of:
- Fitness facilities
- Swimming pool
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A 5.66 percent city/local tax will be charged
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.