$249 – 'Luxurious' Country Escape with Breakfast, Reg. $366
Stroll through the sprawling gardens, unwind in the luxury soaker tub and slumber to the sounds of a wood-burning fire knowing that you have a CAA 5-Diamond breakfast waiting for you in the morning.
Travelzoo members save a rare 30% on this "escape to the country" (Toronto Star).
- $249 per night ... Sunday-Thursday, March 1-29
- Most Cloister rooms have a wood-burning fireplace
- A country breakfast buffet for two ($56 value)
- A welcome pastry treat for two ($10 value)
"Luxurious" -- Toronto Star
Why We Love It
- One of only 10 Relais & Chateaux hotels in Canada and the only one in Ontario
- Praised as a culinary retreat, the hotel is home to the only CAA 5-Diamond restaurant in the region
- Close to downtown Toronto (less than a 90-minute drive) yet it feels like a world away once you arrive
- A recent expansion unveiled a full-service 929-square-metre spa, new guest rooms and event space
Once you begin the drive up the winding road and the grandeur of Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa comes into view, you know you are in for an impressive and relaxing stay. This CAA 4-Diamond hotel, often referred to as one of Ontario's best-kept secrets, has collected a long list of accolades, including being named one of Canada's best hotels by Condé Nast Traveller readers.
Not to be outdone by the accommodations, the Main Dining Room has a stellar CAA 5-Diamond rating. At the helm, Executive Chef Jason Bangerter was awarded the 2015 Relais & Chateaux Rising Chef Trophy. Locally sourced, garden-to-table ingredients form signature dishes that make this "the big reason to visit" (Forbes Travel Guide). Guests are welcome to stroll through the garden or participate in a garden and history tour on Saturday mornings (seasonal), wine tastings on Saturday afternoons or cooking demonstrations on Sunday mornings -- all of which are complimentary.
There is no shortage of things to do on the property, including exploring 11 kilometres of woodland trails on foot, borrowing mountain bikes (at no charge) or indulging in a treatment at the new 929-square-metre spa. The spa offers co-ed amenities including a whirlpool, sauna and steam room that are available complimentary to overnight guests. During the winter, borrow snowshoes and fat tire bicycles to explore the trails and, in warmer months, the croquet lawn, tennis courts or outdoor pool are ideal spots for mingling with other guests. Afternoon tea or a nightcap at Wilks' Bar are additional ways to unwind during your stay.
Rooms are located in the Main House, the Cloisters building or the more secluded Stable offshoot. Each one has a slightly different look and feel, with detailed touches handpicked by the owners themselves. Several rooms feature private terraces overlooking the gardens or woodlands and the majority of rooms offer wood-burning fireplaces. Bathrooms are luxuriously appointed with walk-in showers and many have deep soaking tubs.
- "Epicurean and romantic are the words that best describe Langdon Hall" -- Relais & Chateaux
- "Perhaps the ultimate in pampered culinary getaways, Langdon Hall takes its food and hospitality very seriously" -- blogTO
- "Its Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant is the big reason to visit" -- Forbes Travel Guide
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Games room
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Internet access
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children welcome and must be included in occupancy listed on booking confirmations. Cribs available on request, free of charge. Extra beds available on request (limit of one per room), free of charge. Extra beds are in limited supply, please speak with the hotel once reservation is confirmed to make arrangements for extra beds.
Pets are allowed on request, in Cloister guestrooms with terrace (lower level, stair access) and will be charged CA$30 (subject to tax) per stay.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Over 30% off
$249 / night
When You Can Go
Sundays-Thursdays in March
Getting ThereThe hotel is a one-hour drive from Toronto Pearson International Airport; 40 minutes from Hamilton; 90 minutes from the Niagara Falls/Buffalo area and three hours from Detroit.
Take exit 275 on Highway 401. Turn left (south) onto Fountain St., right onto Blair Road and right again onto Langdon Drive. Langdon Hall is the first driveway on the left.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(84 Member Ratings)