The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel
Why We Love It
- Built by Henry Ford in 1931; hosted Edison and Lindbergh
- AAA 4-Diamond Award-winning hotel (2017)
- Stay in a traditional guest room or a colonial-rival cottage
- Outdoor pool, two restaurants and near the Henry Ford Museum
"This historic inn remains popular, known for its Georgian elegance" -- Frommer’s
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Built by Henry Ford in 1931 on the grounds of his Ford Motor Company, the Dearborn Inn hosted famous Americans like Thomas Edison and Charles Lindbergh. The AAA 4-Diamond property is a state and federal historic landmark, with the eight buildings that make up the guest lodging giving the acreage a campus-like feel.
Across 23 landscaped acres, guests can choose from accommodations including the Main Inn, two colonial lodges and five colonial guest homes. Traditional guest rooms in the redbrick Main Inn have one king bed or two double beds, desks, armchairs and flat-screen TVs but visitors can upgrade to Concierge Level rooms that are larger, offer the option of pullout sofas and access to a private lounge with free refreshments available throughout the day. Those in need of more space can book one of the colonial revival-style cottages with fireplaces, minifridges and marble bathrooms. Guests can log into Wi-Fi for free in the lobby or get access en suite for $5.95 per day.
All guests have access to the seasonal outdoor pool with an adjacent kiddie pool and can work out in the on-site fitness center year-round. Edison’s, the hotel restaurant, is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, serving American cuisine while the Ten Eyck Tavern is popular for dinner and drinks with inn guests as well as visitors to the museum.
- "This lovely brick inn has been tastefully renovated" -- Michelin Guide
- "Henry Ford built this hotel in 1931 to house foreign dignitaries and ... inventors" -- Fodor's
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Video games on request
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Complimentary parking
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15.00 and USD 19.50 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 12 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.